KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
Zizo: New Al Ahly coach won’t lead team until season ends
Al Ahly’s appointed interim manager Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy ‘Zizo’ confirmed that if the club were to hire a new coach, he wouldn’t start leading the team until the 2016/17 season.
The Red Devils’ president, Mahmoud Taher, said before that ‘Zizo’ might stay as the club’s head coach until the end of the season.
The 63-year-old coach also hinted earlier that he wouldn’t reject Al Ahly’s board request, in case they asked him to remain at the helm of the team.
“I’ll stay in-charge till the end of the season, but that doesn’t mean that we are not going to sign a foreign coach. We are going towards this option now,” ‘Zizo’ explained to Al Kahera Al Youm TV Show. “It won’t be easy for the new coach to lead the team in the middle of the season, as the league is very competitive at the moment.”
He also clarified how hard it will be for the new coach to get to know all the players and work with them in harmony in such a short time.
“In my opinion, the team did not reach full harmony yet. There is a minimum percentage of good performance that the team must reach, which is 60%,” he concluded.