Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Me and Ibrahimovic almost killed each other
- Mido: I’ve should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Zizo: New Al Ahly coach won’t lead team until season ends
Al Ahly’s appointed interim manager Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy ‘Zizo’ confirmed that if the club were to hire a new coach, he wouldn’t start leading the team until the 2016/17 season.
The Red Devils’ president, Mahmoud Taher, said before that ‘Zizo’ might stay as the club’s head coach until the end of the season.
The 63-year-old coach also hinted earlier that he wouldn’t reject Al Ahly’s board request, in case they asked him to remain at the helm of the team.
“I’ll stay in-charge till the end of the season, but that doesn’t mean that we are not going to sign a foreign coach. We are going towards this option now,” ‘Zizo’ explained to Al Kahera Al Youm TV Show. “It won’t be easy for the new coach to lead the team in the middle of the season, as the league is very competitive at the moment.”
He also clarified how hard it will be for the new coach to get to know all the players and work with them in harmony in such a short time.
“In my opinion, the team did not reach full harmony yet. There is a minimum percentage of good performance that the team must reach, which is 60%,” he concluded.