Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Egypt reach World Youth Water Polo Championships
The African qualifiers were held between February 10 and 14 in Zimbabwe.
The Egyptian team won the tournament’s final against South Africa with a scoreline of 15/11, to earn a first-place finish in the competition.
Egypt faced Zimbabwe in their first match of the tournament as they beat them 28/8, before losing to the South African team 10/8.
During the tournament’s second stage, the Egyptian team managed to repeat their victory over Zimbabwe, with a scoreline of 15/5, to clash with South Africa in the final.
Egypt’s win in the final sealed the Pharaohs a spot at the 3rd FINA World Youth Water Polo Championships, held between August 26 and September 3 at Podgorica, Montenegro.
The international competition, which was launched in 2012, is held every two years for players under the age of 18.