Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
For security reasons, Al Ahly and Ghazl El-Mahalla match moved to Alexandria
Ghazl El-Mahalla and Al Ahly’s match will be played in Alexandria’s stadium instead of El-Mahalla stadium for security reasons.
Al Ahly will be playing against Ghazl El-Mahalla on Thursday in the 19th round of the Egyptian League.
The Cairo Giants’ bus was already moving towards Al Mansoura, however, it changed its destination to Alexandria after receiving the news that the match will not be played in El-Mahalla.
This decision came as El-Gharbiya’s security directorate refused to host the match because of the current problems between Ghazl El-Mahalla’s board and the fans due to the team’s recent bad results.
Shereen Shams, Al Ahly’s executive manager revealed his annoyance from the late decision describing it as a joke. “We were informed about this change while our bus was moving from the club,” Shams told Nile Sport TV channel.
“The bus changed its route to Alexandria and we are now trying to book a hotel for the players and the technical staff so that they don’t have to wait in the street when they arrive,” he added.
Al Ahly will be seeking a win on Thursday to preserve their position on top of the league after a goalless draw against Tala’a El-Gaish in the previous round.