Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Hany Ramzy guides Ittihad El-Shorta to first league win
In his first game with the club, the freshly-appointed Hany Ramzy guided strugglers Ittihad El-Shorta to a win over his former employers as he secured the club’s first in 18 league matches this season.
Losing seven and drawing in the other 10, leaving only Ghazl El-Mahalla and Haras El-Hodood without a win so far.
Hany Ramzy was appointed the new manager of Ittihad El-Shorta following the scaking of Fathi Mabrouk. Ramzy had previously resigned from his job at Enppi following the loss against Zamalek last January, and was replaced by former Wadi Degla manager Hamada Sedki.
ENPPI took an early lead, as striker Salah Ashour grabbed an opener in the sixth minute.
One minute before the end of the first half, Ittihad El-Shorta levelled the scores; Hossam Abdel-Aal’s shot from the edge of the box found the top corner with Abdel-Monsif powerless.
In the 68th minute, El-Shorta were awarded a penalty, and Salah Rico duly scored from the spot to give his team the lead for the first time in the match.
The visitors then doubled their lead through Mohamed Basyouni, with 15 minutes to play.
The win means Ittihad El-Shorta now have 13 points, but they remain in 16th place. ENPPI, meanwhile, sit in 10th, with 25 points from 18 matches.