After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Hany Ramzy guides Ittihad El-Shorta to first league win
Hany Ramzy guided Ittihad El-Shorta to their first league win this season, after beating ENPPI 1-3 on Wednesday.
In his first game with the club, the freshly-appointed Hany Ramzy guided strugglers Ittihad El-Shorta to a win over his former employers as he secured the club’s first in 18 league matches this season.
Losing seven and drawing in the other 10, leaving only Ghazl El-Mahalla and Haras El-Hodood without a win so far.
Hany Ramzy was appointed the new manager of Ittihad El-Shorta following the scaking of Fathi Mabrouk. Ramzy had previously resigned from his job at Enppi following the loss against Zamalek last January, and was replaced by former Wadi Degla manager Hamada Sedki.
ENPPI took an early lead, as striker Salah Ashour grabbed an opener in the sixth minute.
One minute before the end of the first half, Ittihad El-Shorta levelled the scores; Hossam Abdel-Aal’s shot from the edge of the box found the top corner with Abdel-Monsif powerless.
In the 68th minute, El-Shorta were awarded a penalty, and Salah Rico duly scored from the spot to give his team the lead for the first time in the match.
The visitors then doubled their lead through Mohamed Basyouni, with 15 minutes to play.
The win means Ittihad El-Shorta now have 13 points, but they remain in 16th place. ENPPI, meanwhile, sit in 10th, with 25 points from 18 matches.