Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Hull fail to maintain gap at the top after Brighton draw
Hull XI: McGregor; Odubajo; Davies; Dawson; Robertson; Snodgrass; Livermore; Huddlestone; Clucas; Diame; Hernandez.
Brighton XI: Stockdale; Bruno; Goldson; Dunk; Calderon; Knockaert; Stephens; Sidwell; Kayal; Murphy; Hemed.
After a cagey and somewhat uneventful first half, Huddlestone had one of the first clear chances in the game early in the second half, however his shot was straight at ex Fulham goalkeeper David Stockdale.
Roughly 20 minutes later, Brighton centre back Lewis Dunk went on an adventurous run up the pitch before shooting from distance, narrowly missing the target.
Young winger Sam Clucas had an effort parried onto the bar by Stockdale in the closing stages of the game, which was the closest either side came to breaking the deadlock.
The result means Hull extend their lead at the top to two points, however if local rivals Middlesbrough win their game in hand they will reclaim the top spot. Brighton move to within one point of Middlesbrough in third place.
This was the Tigers’ first goalless draw in the Championship this season.