Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Karim Hafez scores as Omonia proceed to Cup Semi-final
AC Omonia also won the first leg match with the same score on their home ground. Hafez and his team easily progress to the cup semi-final.
20 minutes after the first half, it was clear that Omonia will be leading the match, as they showed no mercy to Pafos by threatening their goal four times. Four minutes later, the team wasn’t able to beat the offside trap and a goal was correctly canceled.
The situation didn’t change much till the 40th minute, when Belgian midfielder Faysel Kasmi scored the opening with a superb shot. Right before the first half ended, Nigerian Eze Vincent took advantage of a mistake from the Pafos’ defense and translated it to make the score 0-2 for Omonia.
As the second half began, Hafez’s side showed clearly that they will not give Pafos the chance to get into the game. Eze translated this with a a close shot in the 54th minute.
The young Egyptian’s turn to score came after a perfect pass from Economides, which Hafez sent brilliantly to the corner of the net making the score 0-3. Just before the celebrations faded away, Andraz Kirm killed Pafos’ last hope by scoring the 4th goal for his side from a free-kick.
Remaining minutes weren’t very exciting, except for two shots from Pafos and a close chance for the home team to score their only goal after a face to face ball that was cleared safely by Omonia’s goalkeeper.