Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
Martin Jol asks Hossam Ghaly about Egypt
The ex-Tottenham manager who coached Hossam Ghaly during his tenure with Spurs has called Ghaly to ask about the security and football situation in Egypt.
The Ahly skipper has confirmed the call to the press and that he replied saying: “The country is good and the situation is very stable, while football in Egypt is developing quickly.”
The 60-year-old manager is currently linked with both Ahly and Zamalek, but Ghaly didn’t reveal whether Jol asked about either of the clubs or not.
Both clubs are currently being coached by interim managers, Ahly with Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy ‘Zizo’ and Zamalek with Mohamed Salah, and are looking for a new manager to take helm of the clubs.
The Dutch manager has previously managed Roda JC, RKC Waalwijk, Hamburger SV, Ajax and Fulham. He left Fulham since December, 2013 and has been out of a job since then.
Jol has been previously linked with Zamalek before Mido’s appointment and was very close to signing according to Ahmed Mortada Mansour.
It’s worth noting that Ghaly had a famous incident with Jol during their time at Tottenham, where Ghaly threw his shirt on the ground in frustration after being subbed off.