Egypt international Sam Morsy has signed a new two-and-a-half-year contract at the DW...
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
Marwan El-Kamash wins gold at South African Swimming Grand Prix
Egyptian swimmer Marwan El-Kamash secured the gold medal at the 2016 South African Swimming Grand Prix.
Marwan won the gold medal in the 400m free with a final time of 3:55.37, just ahead of silver medalist Szurdoki Brent who came in second with 3:56.26.
The 22-year-old fell short of his record in the 400m free that was secured at the World Championship in Kazan, Russia, back in 2015 with a 3:48.15. but that did not stop the Egyptian swimmer from securing the gold medal at the 2016 South African Grand Prix.
It is also worth mentioning that Marwan’s younger brother Youssef is the holder of the Egyptian record for Men’s 100m Breaststroke with a final time of 1:02.62.
Marwan El-Kamash was born in Alexandria, Egypt. He is based in the United states where he studies at the University of South Carolina, majoring in Civil Engineering.