Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Mimi Abdel-Razek resigns as Smouha manager
Zamalek loanee Ibrahim Salah scored a goal to give Smouha an early lead, but he couldn’t help his team to avoid a loss as Mohamed Ragab, Shimelis Bekele and Ahmed Gafar scored three goals to subject Smouha to their first loss since the interim manager’s appointment.
“I would like to thank Smouha for the support they’ve given me, but I apologize as I cannot continue as Smouha manager anymore,” Abdel-Razek told reporters after the game.
“There’s a conspiracy against me and some people in the club don’t want me to continue as the manager. I have also recieved many threats, and that’s why I cannot go on at the club,” he added.
Mimi Abdel-Razek was appointed as Smouha manager last November, following the sacking of Mohamed Youssef.
Abdel-Razek guided Smouha to five wins, 10 draws and one loss; they currently sit in eight place with 28 points.