Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Mimi Abdel-Razek resigns as Smouha manager
Zamalek loanee Ibrahim Salah scored a goal to give Smouha an early lead, but he couldn’t help his team to avoid a loss as Mohamed Ragab, Shimelis Bekele and Ahmed Gafar scored three goals to subject Smouha to their first loss since the interim manager’s appointment.
“I would like to thank Smouha for the support they’ve given me, but I apologize as I cannot continue as Smouha manager anymore,” Abdel-Razek told reporters after the game.
“There’s a conspiracy against me and some people in the club don’t want me to continue as the manager. I have also recieved many threats, and that’s why I cannot go on at the club,” he added.
Mimi Abdel-Razek was appointed as Smouha manager last November, following the sacking of Mohamed Youssef.
Abdel-Razek guided Smouha to five wins, 10 draws and one loss; they currently sit in eight place with 28 points.