Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Mimi Abdel-Razek resigns as Smouha manager
Zamalek loanee Ibrahim Salah scored a goal to give Smouha an early lead, but he couldn’t help his team to avoid a loss as Mohamed Ragab, Shimelis Bekele and Ahmed Gafar scored three goals to subject Smouha to their first loss since the interim manager’s appointment.
“I would like to thank Smouha for the support they’ve given me, but I apologize as I cannot continue as Smouha manager anymore,” Abdel-Razek told reporters after the game.
“There’s a conspiracy against me and some people in the club don’t want me to continue as the manager. I have also recieved many threats, and that’s why I cannot go on at the club,” he added.
Mimi Abdel-Razek was appointed as Smouha manager last November, following the sacking of Mohamed Youssef.
Abdel-Razek guided Smouha to five wins, 10 draws and one loss; they currently sit in eight place with 28 points.