Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Mimi Abdel-Razek resigns as Smouha manager
Zamalek loanee Ibrahim Salah scored a goal to give Smouha an early lead, but he couldn’t help his team to avoid a loss as Mohamed Ragab, Shimelis Bekele and Ahmed Gafar scored three goals to subject Smouha to their first loss since the interim manager’s appointment.
“I would like to thank Smouha for the support they’ve given me, but I apologize as I cannot continue as Smouha manager anymore,” Abdel-Razek told reporters after the game.
“There’s a conspiracy against me and some people in the club don’t want me to continue as the manager. I have also recieved many threats, and that’s why I cannot go on at the club,” he added.
Mimi Abdel-Razek was appointed as Smouha manager last November, following the sacking of Mohamed Youssef.
Abdel-Razek guided Smouha to five wins, 10 draws and one loss; they currently sit in eight place with 28 points.