Egypt national team coach Hector Cuper praised AS Roma’s winger Mohamed Salah...
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
Sacchi hails ‘speedy’ Salah ahead of Real Madrid clash
The Giallorossi will face the Spanish giants at Stadio Olimpico in the first leg of the Champions League round of 16 on Wednesday.
“Roma have a different character now. They have many players with skills and speed, like Mohamed Salah, who dribbles well,” Sacchi told Spanish newspaper Marca.
“But it all depends on Real Madrid, if they play compactly and connect well, they shouldn’t have problems,” said the former director of football at Real Madrid.
He added that although Roma have returned to winning ways, they are still facing difficulties. The former A.C. Milan manager explained that the Italian side has good players, yet they are still suffering with ball possession and collective performance.
“They say Marcelo won’t play, which will lead to a left-wing defense that will be more aware of stopping Salah,” Sacchi continued.
It’s worth noting that Real Madrid lost their last eight Champions League knockout ties against Italian teams, including their defeat against Juventus in last year’s semi-finals and their elimination by Luciano Spalletti’s Roma in 2008.