The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Sacchi hails ‘speedy’ Salah ahead of Real Madrid clash
The Giallorossi will face the Spanish giants at Stadio Olimpico in the first leg of the Champions League round of 16 on Wednesday.
“Roma have a different character now. They have many players with skills and speed, like Mohamed Salah, who dribbles well,” Sacchi told Spanish newspaper Marca.
“But it all depends on Real Madrid, if they play compactly and connect well, they shouldn’t have problems,” said the former director of football at Real Madrid.
He added that although Roma have returned to winning ways, they are still facing difficulties. The former A.C. Milan manager explained that the Italian side has good players, yet they are still suffering with ball possession and collective performance.
“They say Marcelo won’t play, which will lead to a left-wing defense that will be more aware of stopping Salah,” Sacchi continued.
It’s worth noting that Real Madrid lost their last eight Champions League knockout ties against Italian teams, including their defeat against Juventus in last year’s semi-finals and their elimination by Luciano Spalletti’s Roma in 2008.