After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Sacchi hails ‘speedy’ Salah ahead of Real Madrid clash
The Giallorossi will face the Spanish giants at Stadio Olimpico in the first leg of the Champions League round of 16 on Wednesday.
“Roma have a different character now. They have many players with skills and speed, like Mohamed Salah, who dribbles well,” Sacchi told Spanish newspaper Marca.
“But it all depends on Real Madrid, if they play compactly and connect well, they shouldn’t have problems,” said the former director of football at Real Madrid.
He added that although Roma have returned to winning ways, they are still facing difficulties. The former A.C. Milan manager explained that the Italian side has good players, yet they are still suffering with ball possession and collective performance.
“They say Marcelo won’t play, which will lead to a left-wing defense that will be more aware of stopping Salah,” Sacchi continued.
It’s worth noting that Real Madrid lost their last eight Champions League knockout ties against Italian teams, including their defeat against Juventus in last year’s semi-finals and their elimination by Luciano Spalletti’s Roma in 2008.