Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Sacchi hails ‘speedy’ Salah ahead of Real Madrid clash
The Giallorossi will face the Spanish giants at Stadio Olimpico in the first leg of the Champions League round of 16 on Wednesday.
“Roma have a different character now. They have many players with skills and speed, like Mohamed Salah, who dribbles well,” Sacchi told Spanish newspaper Marca.
“But it all depends on Real Madrid, if they play compactly and connect well, they shouldn’t have problems,” said the former director of football at Real Madrid.
He added that although Roma have returned to winning ways, they are still facing difficulties. The former A.C. Milan manager explained that the Italian side has good players, yet they are still suffering with ball possession and collective performance.
“They say Marcelo won’t play, which will lead to a left-wing defense that will be more aware of stopping Salah,” Sacchi continued.
It’s worth noting that Real Madrid lost their last eight Champions League knockout ties against Italian teams, including their defeat against Juventus in last year’s semi-finals and their elimination by Luciano Spalletti’s Roma in 2008.