KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Zamalek interim manager Mohamed Salah has announced the squad set to face Aswan in the 19th round of the Egyptian Premier League on Thursday.
The squad list witnessed the exclusion of Mahmoud Abdel-Razek ‘Shikabala’ for disciplinary reasons, according to several news reports.
Zamalek will miss the services of their goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy and defender Ali Gabr due to injury. In addition, Tarek Hamed will continue to miss for the fourth game in a row, as he is yet to fully recover from injury.
Ahmed Hassan Mekki, Baher Elmohamady and Mohamed Adel Gomaa weren’t included in the squad due to technical reasons.
Meanwhile, Zambian striker Emmanuel Mayuka, as well as Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’, returned to the squad after missing Zamalek’s previous game against Wadi Degla.
Goalkeepers: Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim ‘Gennesh’ and Mohamed Abou-Gabal.
Defenders: Ahmed Dewidar, Mohamed Koffi, Hazem Emam, Hamada Tolba, Omar Gaber and Ramzy Khaled.
Midfielders: Ahmed Tawfik, Ibrahim Abdel-Khalek, Ahmed Hamoudi, Ayman Hefny, Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’, Mostafa Fathi, Mohamed Khalifa, Mohamed Ibrahim and Moruf Yusuf.
Forwards: Bassem Morsi, Emmanuel Mayuka and Mohamed Salem.
The White Castle are scheduled to face Aswan at Petro Sport Stadium on Thursday at 19:45 CLT. Zamalek are currently second in the league table with 32 points, while Aswan lie in the 12th position with 22 points.