Mahmoud Abdel-Moniem ‘Kahraba’ played all 90 minutes as Al Ittihad fell to...
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
- Egypt climbs seven places in October FIFA Rankings
Al Masry play out 2-2 draw with Misr El-Maqassa
Ahmed Gomaa’s late screamer secured Al Masry a 2-2 draw in the Egyptian Premier League against Misr El-Maqassa.
Al Masry got off on the stronger foot at the beginning of the encounter. The Green Eagles managed to break the deadlock just nine minutes into the game as Saeed Morad’s shot found the back of the net.
However, just over 10 minutes later El-Maqassa’s Mohamed ‘Mido’ Gaber scored an early equalizer after sending the ball past Ramzy Saleh, getting his side back into the game. Both teams failed to produce further goals until the referee blew the half-time whistle.
Both teams tried to maintain possession at the beginning of the second half. 63 minutes into the game El-Maqassa’s Amr Barakat managed to score his fifth league goal this season, putting his side 2-1 up.
Just eight minutes away from the final whistle, Al Masry’s Ahmed Gomaa scored a beautiful first touch screamer marking the team’s equalizer. At the 89th minute Gomaa could’ve doubled his tally however his header was denied after a great save by El-Maqassa’s goalkeeper.
Following the match, Misr El-Maqassa remain third while Al Masry occupies the fourth position, both with 32 points each.