Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
- Mamdouh and Zein feature in Pays d’Aix cup win
- SQUASH: 10 Egyptians advance to second round of Windy City Open
Al Masry play out 2-2 draw with Misr El-Maqassa
Ahmed Gomaa’s late screamer secured Al Masry a 2-2 draw in the Egyptian Premier League against Misr El-Maqassa.
Al Masry got off on the stronger foot at the beginning of the encounter. The Green Eagles managed to break the deadlock just nine minutes into the game as Saeed Morad’s shot found the back of the net.
However, just over 10 minutes later El-Maqassa’s Mohamed ‘Mido’ Gaber scored an early equalizer after sending the ball past Ramzy Saleh, getting his side back into the game. Both teams failed to produce further goals until the referee blew the half-time whistle.
Both teams tried to maintain possession at the beginning of the second half. 63 minutes into the game El-Maqassa’s Amr Barakat managed to score his fifth league goal this season, putting his side 2-1 up.
Just eight minutes away from the final whistle, Al Masry’s Ahmed Gomaa scored a beautiful first touch screamer marking the team’s equalizer. At the 89th minute Gomaa could’ve doubled his tally however his header was denied after a great save by El-Maqassa’s goalkeeper.
Following the match, Misr El-Maqassa remain third while Al Masry occupies the fourth position, both with 32 points each.