Ghanaian midfielder Sulley Muntari returns to Italy after completing a deal to...
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
Tarek features in Columbus Crew pre-season draw
The 2015 MLS Cup runners up participated in their first friendly of the pre season campaign, with coaching staff aiming to get as many players playing minutes on the pitch as possible. Tarek, who joined on loan from Real Betis for the 2016 season on transfer deadline day, featured in a solid first half for both sides.
The first half ended at 0-0, with the game springing into life early into the second half. Columbus were twice pegged back by Sporting Kansas, with a Kei Kamara brace not enough to lead Tarek’s side to victory following a late equaliser from Kansas’ Faik Hajderovic. The game ended 2-2, a valuable hit out for both sides in the lead up to the MLS opening fixtures, which begins on March the 6th.
Sporting Director and Head coach of Columbus Gregg Berhalter had some positive words on Tarek’s performance following the match, stating “With Emil (Larsen) and Amro you can see right away that they were able to get into the level of the game.”
Tarek will be looking to hit the ground running in his venture into the MLS following a disappointing initial spell at La Liga club Real Betis. Amro will become the first Egyptian to feature for an MLS side should he take part in matches with Columbus Crew this season, something which at this point is a certainty.
The Black and Gold begin their MLS campaign on the 6th of March, with an 2015 MLS Cup final replay against current champions Portland Timbers away from home. The Crew will be looking to exact revenge on Portland following their 2-1 loss against the Timbers in the final of last season’s competition.