Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
Hasi: Trezeguet is talented but he lacks language
Anderlecht manager Besnik Hasi claims language barrier is the reason behind dropping Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’.
Mahmoud Hassan has only played four league games for his side this season, playing a total of 107 minutes since his arriving from Egyptian giants Al Ahly last summer.
”Trezeguet is a talented player but he lacks language,” Besnik Hasi said.
”He is a diligent player and trains well with us so I gave him a chance against Gent, but he rarely understands what we say.”
”Dealing with him is very difficult because of the language barrier that affected his appearance with the team in the previous games,” the Albanian added.
The Egyptian hasn’t featured for Anderlecht since his side’s 2-1 win against Sint-Truidense in the 24th round of the Belgian League, missing the last two games against KV Mechelen and Zulte Waregem.
The 21-year-old has joined the Belgian side on loan from Al Ahly for a fee reported to be around £1 million, after making more than 50 league appearances for the Red Devils, scoring 7 goals.
Anderlecht are currently third in the Belgian Pro League with 51 points, 4 points behind leaders Gent. Their next game will be against Greek side Olympiacos in the Europa League on February 18.