Egypt international Mahmoud Trezeguet featured for Royal Mouscron as they suffered a...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
VIDEO: Real Madrid outclass Mohamed Salah’s Roma
Having scored two goals in his last two matches Salah was expected to make a splash in the match; prais from teammate Diego Perotti and Italian football icon Arrigo Sacchi meant the Egyptian was heading into the encounter in high spirits.
Rome didn’t pose much of a threat on Madrid’s goal, aside fromtwo chances from Stephan El Shaarawy and Mohamed Salah.
In the 26th minute, Mohamed Salah went on the counterattack after Roma’s defence cleared a corner, as he dribbled with the ball on the right flank. Marcelo couldn’t keep up with Salah’s speed down the right side; the 23-year-old pushed the ball past Marcelo and attempted to cross from the byline, but the ball went out for a goal-kick.
The first half ended with frustration from both teams, as the match remained goalless.
Again, Salah was Roma’s only real threat along with El Shaarawy, but Marcelo and Ramos were marking the former quite well, giving him little room to dribble in.
Cristiano Ronaldo opened the scoring for the visitors in the 12th minute of the second interval, after making a mockery of Florenzi down the right.
In the 71st minute Salah’s low cross nearly picked out Dzeko for a tap-in, but Varane got back and cleared.
Twelve minutes later, Salah’s poor first touch prevented him from getting a shot away as he approaced Keylor Navas’ goal.
The Giallorossi would come to rue that miss, as Jese Rodriguez fired home from the edge of the area in the 86th minute to seal a convincing 0-2 win, one that almost certainly guarantees Real Madrid’s presence in the quarter-finals, with the Blancos widely expected to beat Roma comfortably at home on the 8th of March.