Ahmed Elmohamady played the full 90 minutes as Hull City fell to...
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
Zambia laments the death of Olympics team coach Simukonda
Zambia mourns the death of their Olympic football team coach Fighton Simukonda who passed after an unsuccessful battle with diabetes.
Simukonda was diagnosed with his illness after returning from the Under 23 African Cup of Nations tournament in Senegal which served as their qualifying entry to the 2016 Rio Olympics.
The Dream Team from Nigeria emerged as winners of the 2015 edition of the Under 23 AFCON and Zambia were knocked out in the first round after losses to Tunisia and the Amagluglug of South Africa. Winners Nigeria, runners-up Algeria and third place playoff winners South Africa will represent Africa at Rio 2016 Olympics mens football.
At the time of his passing, Simukonda was the manager of the Under 23 Zambian team and also top-tier side Nchanga Rangers. He previously led the country’s league reigning champions Zesco United to the 2009 CAF Champions League group stages in 2009. At national team level, Simukonda led the Chipolopolo boys to the 1998 Cosafa regional triumph.