Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Zambia laments the death of Olympics team coach Simukonda
Zambia mourns the death of their Olympic football team coach Fighton Simukonda who passed after an unsuccessful battle with diabetes.
Simukonda was diagnosed with his illness after returning from the Under 23 African Cup of Nations tournament in Senegal which served as their qualifying entry to the 2016 Rio Olympics.
The Dream Team from Nigeria emerged as winners of the 2015 edition of the Under 23 AFCON and Zambia were knocked out in the first round after losses to Tunisia and the Amagluglug of South Africa. Winners Nigeria, runners-up Algeria and third place playoff winners South Africa will represent Africa at Rio 2016 Olympics mens football.
At the time of his passing, Simukonda was the manager of the Under 23 Zambian team and also top-tier side Nchanga Rangers. He previously led the country’s league reigning champions Zesco United to the 2009 CAF Champions League group stages in 2009. At national team level, Simukonda led the Chipolopolo boys to the 1998 Cosafa regional triumph.