Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Zambia laments the death of Olympics team coach Simukonda
Zambia mourns the death of their Olympic football team coach Fighton Simukonda who passed after an unsuccessful battle with diabetes.
Simukonda was diagnosed with his illness after returning from the Under 23 African Cup of Nations tournament in Senegal which served as their qualifying entry to the 2016 Rio Olympics.
The Dream Team from Nigeria emerged as winners of the 2015 edition of the Under 23 AFCON and Zambia were knocked out in the first round after losses to Tunisia and the Amagluglug of South Africa. Winners Nigeria, runners-up Algeria and third place playoff winners South Africa will represent Africa at Rio 2016 Olympics mens football.
At the time of his passing, Simukonda was the manager of the Under 23 Zambian team and also top-tier side Nchanga Rangers. He previously led the country’s league reigning champions Zesco United to the 2009 CAF Champions League group stages in 2009. At national team level, Simukonda led the Chipolopolo boys to the 1998 Cosafa regional triumph.