Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
AFCON qualifiers date between Egypt and Nigeria changed
The decision to postpone the date of the match for the third time came after the CAF asked the NFF to allow two days of rest between the home and away encounters.
The NFF had picked March 23 as the date of the first encounter before later moving it to March 26, while the EFA chose March 29 to be the date of the return leg. However, the older date of March 26 didn’t allow the players of both national teams to have enough rest before the second encounter on March 29, as the players would have to travel between the two countries.
According to the NFF’s official website, the Super Eagles have decided to bring the date of match forward to the 25th of March.
The NFF’s General Secretary, Dr. Mohammed Sansei explained, “We have now moved the match forward by 24 hours, so we will play on Friday, March 25 and Saturday, March 26 will serve as the day for the two teams to travel, while March 27 and 28 will be rest days before the return leg on Tuesday, March 29.”
The venue of the first leg will still be Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna, as previously announced by the nation’s football federation.
The Pharaohs currently sit on top of Group G of the 2017 AFCON qualifiers, defeating Tanzania and Chad to claim six points, while the Super Eagles are in second place with four points.