Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
AFCON qualifiers date between Egypt and Nigeria changed
The decision to postpone the date of the match for the third time came after the CAF asked the NFF to allow two days of rest between the home and away encounters.
The NFF had picked March 23 as the date of the first encounter before later moving it to March 26, while the EFA chose March 29 to be the date of the return leg. However, the older date of March 26 didn’t allow the players of both national teams to have enough rest before the second encounter on March 29, as the players would have to travel between the two countries.
According to the NFF’s official website, the Super Eagles have decided to bring the date of match forward to the 25th of March.
The NFF’s General Secretary, Dr. Mohammed Sansei explained, “We have now moved the match forward by 24 hours, so we will play on Friday, March 25 and Saturday, March 26 will serve as the day for the two teams to travel, while March 27 and 28 will be rest days before the return leg on Tuesday, March 29.”
The venue of the first leg will still be Ahmadu Bello Stadium in Kaduna, as previously announced by the nation’s football federation.
The Pharaohs currently sit on top of Group G of the 2017 AFCON qualifiers, defeating Tanzania and Chad to claim six points, while the Super Eagles are in second place with four points.