Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
VIDEO: Koka’s SC Braga beat Sion in Europa League round of 32
SC Braga recorded a 2-1 away win over FC Sion in their Europa League round of 32 clash.
The Europa league resumed with Koka’s SC Braga playing FC Sion in the round of 32. Both teams sized each other up in the opening ten minutes of the match.
Braga got off the mark after 13 minutes. Nikola Stojiljkovic sent his effort to low to the left of the post. Ahmed Koka was caught offside moments after the goal and would be halted by the linesman flag, again, at the half hour mark.
FC Sion had several efforts on goal as they looked to draw level. African duo Moussa Konate and Ebenezer Assifuah caused problems but the home team had only one short on target at the break.
SC Braga was on the back foot as the second half kicked off. Sion didn’t have to wait too long to draw level. Senegalese, Konate, finished from inside the box to make it 1-1. The goal continued FC Sion’s ascendancy and Braga keeper Matheus was called upon to make two saves.
Against the run of play Braga restored their lead. This was courtesy of a goal just at the edge of the area by Rafa Silva. Ahmed Koka was subbed in the 84th minute for Josue as Paulo Fonsesca saw off the win. His side had to deal with going a man down in the final minutes after Nikola Vukcevic was shown a second yellow card.
It was of little concern as SC Braga saw off the win. The away victory puts gives them a great advantage to qualify for the round of 16. The two sides meet in the second leg in Portugal on February 24th.