Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
VIDEO: Koka’s SC Braga beat Sion in Europa League round of 32
SC Braga recorded a 2-1 away win over FC Sion in their Europa League round of 32 clash.
The Europa league resumed with Koka’s SC Braga playing FC Sion in the round of 32. Both teams sized each other up in the opening ten minutes of the match.
Braga got off the mark after 13 minutes. Nikola Stojiljkovic sent his effort to low to the left of the post. Ahmed Koka was caught offside moments after the goal and would be halted by the linesman flag, again, at the half hour mark.
FC Sion had several efforts on goal as they looked to draw level. African duo Moussa Konate and Ebenezer Assifuah caused problems but the home team had only one short on target at the break.
SC Braga was on the back foot as the second half kicked off. Sion didn’t have to wait too long to draw level. Senegalese, Konate, finished from inside the box to make it 1-1. The goal continued FC Sion’s ascendancy and Braga keeper Matheus was called upon to make two saves.
Against the run of play Braga restored their lead. This was courtesy of a goal just at the edge of the area by Rafa Silva. Ahmed Koka was subbed in the 84th minute for Josue as Paulo Fonsesca saw off the win. His side had to deal with going a man down in the final minutes after Nikola Vukcevic was shown a second yellow card.
It was of little concern as SC Braga saw off the win. The away victory puts gives them a great advantage to qualify for the round of 16. The two sides meet in the second leg in Portugal on February 24th.