Smouha left back Patrick Malo has discussed his adaptation to life with the...
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
VIDEO: Koka’s SC Braga beat Sion in Europa League round of 32
SC Braga recorded a 2-1 away win over FC Sion in their Europa League round of 32 clash.
The Europa league resumed with Koka’s SC Braga playing FC Sion in the round of 32. Both teams sized each other up in the opening ten minutes of the match.
Braga got off the mark after 13 minutes. Nikola Stojiljkovic sent his effort to low to the left of the post. Ahmed Koka was caught offside moments after the goal and would be halted by the linesman flag, again, at the half hour mark.
FC Sion had several efforts on goal as they looked to draw level. African duo Moussa Konate and Ebenezer Assifuah caused problems but the home team had only one short on target at the break.
SC Braga was on the back foot as the second half kicked off. Sion didn’t have to wait too long to draw level. Senegalese, Konate, finished from inside the box to make it 1-1. The goal continued FC Sion’s ascendancy and Braga keeper Matheus was called upon to make two saves.
Against the run of play Braga restored their lead. This was courtesy of a goal just at the edge of the area by Rafa Silva. Ahmed Koka was subbed in the 84th minute for Josue as Paulo Fonsesca saw off the win. His side had to deal with going a man down in the final minutes after Nikola Vukcevic was shown a second yellow card.
It was of little concern as SC Braga saw off the win. The away victory puts gives them a great advantage to qualify for the round of 16. The two sides meet in the second leg in Portugal on February 24th.