Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
VIDEO: Koka’s SC Braga beat Sion in Europa League round of 32
SC Braga recorded a 2-1 away win over FC Sion in their Europa League round of 32 clash.
The Europa league resumed with Koka’s SC Braga playing FC Sion in the round of 32. Both teams sized each other up in the opening ten minutes of the match.
Braga got off the mark after 13 minutes. Nikola Stojiljkovic sent his effort to low to the left of the post. Ahmed Koka was caught offside moments after the goal and would be halted by the linesman flag, again, at the half hour mark.
FC Sion had several efforts on goal as they looked to draw level. African duo Moussa Konate and Ebenezer Assifuah caused problems but the home team had only one short on target at the break.
SC Braga was on the back foot as the second half kicked off. Sion didn’t have to wait too long to draw level. Senegalese, Konate, finished from inside the box to make it 1-1. The goal continued FC Sion’s ascendancy and Braga keeper Matheus was called upon to make two saves.
Against the run of play Braga restored their lead. This was courtesy of a goal just at the edge of the area by Rafa Silva. Ahmed Koka was subbed in the 84th minute for Josue as Paulo Fonsesca saw off the win. His side had to deal with going a man down in the final minutes after Nikola Vukcevic was shown a second yellow card.
It was of little concern as SC Braga saw off the win. The away victory puts gives them a great advantage to qualify for the round of 16. The two sides meet in the second leg in Portugal on February 24th.