Zamalek earned a comfortable 3-0 win over Dakhelya in Mohamed Helmy’s first...
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veroia hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
Obafemi Martins completes Chinese Super League switch
Photo: Getty Images
Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins has announced his departure to the Chinese Super League via his official Twitter account.
Obafemi Martins has become the latest big-name signing to join the Chinese Super League, after Shanghai Shenhua secured his services from Major League Soccer side Seattle Sounders.
Martins joined Seattle in March 2013 from La Liga outfit Levante UD for a reported $4 million fee, and won the 2014 U.S. Open Cup under the leadership of Sigi Schmid.
The Nigeria international is entering the twilight of his career, and the financially-lucrative move should come as no surprise.
The 31-year-old joins Freddy Guarín, Demba Ba and Avraam Papadopoulos at the Shanghai-based club.