Ifeanyi Ubah owner, Dr. Patrick Ifeanyi Ubah has resealed a statement, criticising...
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
Obafemi Martins completes Chinese Super League switch
Photo: Getty Images
Nigerian striker Obafemi Martins has announced his departure to the Chinese Super League via his official Twitter account.
Obafemi Martins has become the latest big-name signing to join the Chinese Super League, after Shanghai Shenhua secured his services from Major League Soccer side Seattle Sounders.
Martins joined Seattle in March 2013 from La Liga outfit Levante UD for a reported $4 million fee, and won the 2014 U.S. Open Cup under the leadership of Sigi Schmid.
The Nigeria international is entering the twilight of his career, and the financially-lucrative move should come as no surprise.
The 31-year-old joins Freddy Guarín, Demba Ba and Avraam Papadopoulos at the Shanghai-based club.