Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Zizo blames pressure for poor Ahly results
Al Ahly interim manager Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy discussed his side’s sub-par results in the past few days, citing pressure as a big factor.
Commenting on his side’s last-gasp draw against Ghazl El-Mahalla on Thursday, Zizo said, “The players insistence to win the Egyptian Premier League puts them under pressure, which has resulted in negative results in our last two matches.”
Al Ahly have dropped four points in their last two matches, after drawing 0-0 and 1-1 with Tala’a El-Gaish and Ghazl El-Mahalla respectively. This has allowed Zamalek to narrow the gap between them and their bitter rivals to five points, just 10 days after Al Ahly had increased the cushion to seven points with a 2-0 Cairo derby win.
Al Ahly currently sit atop the league standings with 40 points from 18 matches, and will travel to the Alexandria stadium on Tuesday to take on Al Masry.