ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Zizo blames pressure for poor Ahly results
Al Ahly interim manager Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy discussed his side’s sub-par results in the past few days, citing pressure as a big factor.
Commenting on his side’s last-gasp draw against Ghazl El-Mahalla on Thursday, Zizo said, “The players insistence to win the Egyptian Premier League puts them under pressure, which has resulted in negative results in our last two matches.”
Al Ahly have dropped four points in their last two matches, after drawing 0-0 and 1-1 with Tala’a El-Gaish and Ghazl El-Mahalla respectively. This has allowed Zamalek to narrow the gap between them and their bitter rivals to five points, just 10 days after Al Ahly had increased the cushion to seven points with a 2-0 Cairo derby win.
Al Ahly currently sit atop the league standings with 40 points from 18 matches, and will travel to the Alexandria stadium on Tuesday to take on Al Masry.