Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Zizo blames pressure for poor Ahly results
Al Ahly interim manager Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy discussed his side’s sub-par results in the past few days, citing pressure as a big factor.
Commenting on his side’s last-gasp draw against Ghazl El-Mahalla on Thursday, Zizo said, “The players insistence to win the Egyptian Premier League puts them under pressure, which has resulted in negative results in our last two matches.”
Al Ahly have dropped four points in their last two matches, after drawing 0-0 and 1-1 with Tala’a El-Gaish and Ghazl El-Mahalla respectively. This has allowed Zamalek to narrow the gap between them and their bitter rivals to five points, just 10 days after Al Ahly had increased the cushion to seven points with a 2-0 Cairo derby win.
Al Ahly currently sit atop the league standings with 40 points from 18 matches, and will travel to the Alexandria stadium on Tuesday to take on Al Masry.