Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Zizo blames pressure for poor Ahly results
Al Ahly interim manager Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy discussed his side’s sub-par results in the past few days, citing pressure as a big factor.
Commenting on his side’s last-gasp draw against Ghazl El-Mahalla on Thursday, Zizo said, “The players insistence to win the Egyptian Premier League puts them under pressure, which has resulted in negative results in our last two matches.”
Al Ahly have dropped four points in their last two matches, after drawing 0-0 and 1-1 with Tala’a El-Gaish and Ghazl El-Mahalla respectively. This has allowed Zamalek to narrow the gap between them and their bitter rivals to five points, just 10 days after Al Ahly had increased the cushion to seven points with a 2-0 Cairo derby win.
Al Ahly currently sit atop the league standings with 40 points from 18 matches, and will travel to the Alexandria stadium on Tuesday to take on Al Masry.