Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Zizo blames pressure for poor Ahly results
Al Ahly interim manager Abdel-Aziz ‘Zizo’ Abdel-Shafy discussed his side’s sub-par results in the past few days, citing pressure as a big factor.
Commenting on his side’s last-gasp draw against Ghazl El-Mahalla on Thursday, Zizo said, “The players insistence to win the Egyptian Premier League puts them under pressure, which has resulted in negative results in our last two matches.”
Al Ahly have dropped four points in their last two matches, after drawing 0-0 and 1-1 with Tala’a El-Gaish and Ghazl El-Mahalla respectively. This has allowed Zamalek to narrow the gap between them and their bitter rivals to five points, just 10 days after Al Ahly had increased the cushion to seven points with a 2-0 Cairo derby win.
Al Ahly currently sit atop the league standings with 40 points from 18 matches, and will travel to the Alexandria stadium on Tuesday to take on Al Masry.