Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Abdel-Shafy absent as Al-Ahli lose Saudi Crown Prince Cup final
Mohamed Abdel-Shafy’s Al-Ahli lost against rivals Al-Hilal in the Saudi Crown Prince Cup final on Friday night.
Al-Hilal added another trophy to their illustrious collection as they defeated fierce rivals and Mohamed Abdel-Shafy’s Al-Ahli side 2-1 at the King Fahd Stadium to win the Crown Prince Trophy with Saudi Prince Mohammed Bin Naif present at the match.
With Egypt international Abdel-Shafy injured and absent from the finale, as he is set to undergo knee surgery, it was Hilal who took the lead just inside three minutes of the match, with Nasser Al Shamrani’s goal giving them a lead. Just inside 30 minutes Hilal doubled their lead, as Al Shamrani set-up Nawaf Al Abed to slot home much to the shock of their Jeddah-based opponents.
In the 2nd half, Ahli became desperate to make a comeback, missing a handful of chances. Not long before added time, Hilal were given a nervy ending as Ahli captain Taisir Al-Jassim reduced the deficit to 2-1 with a stunning long-range strike in the 89th minute.
It is worth mentioning Abdel-Shafy won the Saudi Crown Prince Cup last year, after helping his side defeat Al-Hilal 2-1 in the final.