Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Abdel-Shafy absent as Al-Ahli lose Saudi Crown Prince Cup final
Mohamed Abdel-Shafy’s Al-Ahli lost against rivals Al-Hilal in the Saudi Crown Prince Cup final on Friday night.
Al-Hilal added another trophy to their illustrious collection as they defeated fierce rivals and Mohamed Abdel-Shafy’s Al-Ahli side 2-1 at the King Fahd Stadium to win the Crown Prince Trophy with Saudi Prince Mohammed Bin Naif present at the match.
With Egypt international Abdel-Shafy injured and absent from the finale, as he is set to undergo knee surgery, it was Hilal who took the lead just inside three minutes of the match, with Nasser Al Shamrani’s goal giving them a lead. Just inside 30 minutes Hilal doubled their lead, as Al Shamrani set-up Nawaf Al Abed to slot home much to the shock of their Jeddah-based opponents.
In the 2nd half, Ahli became desperate to make a comeback, missing a handful of chances. Not long before added time, Hilal were given a nervy ending as Ahli captain Taisir Al-Jassim reduced the deficit to 2-1 with a stunning long-range strike in the 89th minute.
It is worth mentioning Abdel-Shafy won the Saudi Crown Prince Cup last year, after helping his side defeat Al-Hilal 2-1 in the final.