Egypt’s Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica defeats Braga one nil...
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
- Zambia announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Shikabala excluded from Zamalek squad against Tala’a El-Gaish
Elneny, Elmohamady feature as Hull City hold Arsenal in FA Cup
A 0-0 draw was the final outcome at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday, as the Egypt internationals will face each other once again in an FA Cup fifth round replay.
The first half ended in a goalless draw with Arsenal’s Mohamed Elneny and Hull City’s Ahmed Elmohamady both starting the cup tie. Hull City were quite going forward with Arsenal pressing high and dominating in their final third, but Elmohamady contributed with a good defensive display.
On the other hand, Arsenal’s Elneny had shown discipline and an improved game, adapting to Arsenal’s style since making his first appearance against Burnley in the previous round of the FA Cup.
Arsenal were playing positive, attacking football but failed to open the scoring before the half-time whistle blew.
The second half proved to be more of the same, with Arsenal pressing, dominating and creating multiple chances without any tangible outcome.
Nevertheless, El Neny impressing during the second half, as the Egyptian maintained his impressive passing numbers and created chances for his teammates.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) February 20, 2016
Elmohamady put in a very good defensive performance as helped keep a clean sheet for his side, one that would keep them in the FA Cup.
The goalless draw means Elmohamady’s Hull City are set to host Elneny’s Arsenal at the KC Stadium in an FA Cup fifth round replay.