Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
Elneny, Elmohamady feature as Hull City hold Arsenal in FA Cup
A 0-0 draw was the final outcome at the Emirates Stadium on Saturday, as the Egypt internationals will face each other once again in an FA Cup fifth round replay.
The first half ended in a goalless draw with Arsenal’s Mohamed Elneny and Hull City’s Ahmed Elmohamady both starting the cup tie. Hull City were quite going forward with Arsenal pressing high and dominating in their final third, but Elmohamady contributed with a good defensive display.
On the other hand, Arsenal’s Elneny had shown discipline and an improved game, adapting to Arsenal’s style since making his first appearance against Burnley in the previous round of the FA Cup.
Arsenal were playing positive, attacking football but failed to open the scoring before the half-time whistle blew.
The second half proved to be more of the same, with Arsenal pressing, dominating and creating multiple chances without any tangible outcome.
Nevertheless, El Neny impressing during the second half, as the Egyptian maintained his impressive passing numbers and created chances for his teammates.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) February 20, 2016
Elmohamady put in a very good defensive performance as helped keep a clean sheet for his side, one that would keep them in the FA Cup.
The goalless draw means Elmohamady’s Hull City are set to host Elneny’s Arsenal at the KC Stadium in an FA Cup fifth round replay.