The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Cúper announces Egypt squad for Burkina Faso friendly
Egypt is set to face Burkina Faso during the camp as the Pharaohs are getting ready for the upcoming AFCON qualifiers.
The squad list welcomes back Egypt’s legendary goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary, after his recent impressive performances with Wadi Degla FC. Also, Al Masry striker Ahmed Raouf and ENPPI’s Nour El-Sayed continued to feature among Cúper’s group.
However, the squad list witnessed the absence of Zamalek duo Ayman Hefny and Mahmoud Kahraba.
Full Egypt squad:
Goalkeepers: Ahmed El-Shennawy (Zamalek), Mohamed El-Shennawy (Petrojet), Essam El-Hadary (Wadi Degla).
Defenders: Ramy Rabiaa, Ahmed Hegazy, Sabry Raheel, Mohamed Hany (Al Ahly), Ali Gabr, Hazem Emam, Hamada Tolba, Ahmed Dewidar, Omar Gaber(Zamalek).
Midfielders: Mostafa Fathi (Zamalek), Saleh Gomaa, Ramadan Sobhy, Momen Zakaria, Abdallah El-Said, Hossam Ghaly (Al Ahly), Ibrahim Salah (Smouha) ,Nour El-Sayed (ENPPI).
Forwards: Bassem Morsi (Zamalek), Amr Gamal (Al Ahly), Ahmed Raouf (Al-Masry), Marwan Mohsen (Ismaily).
The friendly will give the players some valuable international exposure before the crucial upcoming double header with Nigeria in the African Cup of Nations qualifiers. The Pharaohs, who have won two from two in their group so far will be looking to extend their lead over second placed Nigeria, with only the top teams from each group reaching the prestigious competition.