Egypt international Mohamed Salah featured in his side’s 3-1 loss to arch-rivals Lazio...
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
Spalletti talks Salah, Real Madrid ahead of Palermo
Spalletti’s comments came three days after Roma lost 2-0 against Real Madrid in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League round of 16.
The Italian manager, who took charge of A.S. Roma earlier this year, hailed the pace of the 23-year-old winger, but explained that it affects his finishing abilities.
“Mohamed Salah has this blistering change of pace and he can keep that up for a long while, but then he runs out of gas in the final five meters,” Spalletti said in a press conference on Saturday.
“I’ve had players who can only do one sprint like that and then need ages to recover, but Salah can do two easily,” the coach added.
The 56-year-old coach said that he wishes Salah would play an important role in Roma’s match against Palermo on Sunday in the 26th round of Serie A.
“The Real Madrid game shows he can give us an important contribution and we also need him to win this delicate match against Palermo,” he concluded.
Roma currently occupy the fourth position in the league table after collecting 47 points.