Argentina and Barcelona legend Lionel Messi spoke about Egypt, his visit in...
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- FIFA upholds decision to deduct points from Ittihad Jeddah
- Al Ahly coach El-Badry targets Zamalek & Degla defenders
- Agent: Mohamed Hany on radar of several European clubs
- Mali Legend Momo Sissoko joins Serie B club
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
Spalletti talks Salah, Real Madrid ahead of Palermo
Spalletti’s comments came three days after Roma lost 2-0 against Real Madrid in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League round of 16.
The Italian manager, who took charge of A.S. Roma earlier this year, hailed the pace of the 23-year-old winger, but explained that it affects his finishing abilities.
“Mohamed Salah has this blistering change of pace and he can keep that up for a long while, but then he runs out of gas in the final five meters,” Spalletti said in a press conference on Saturday.
“I’ve had players who can only do one sprint like that and then need ages to recover, but Salah can do two easily,” the coach added.
The 56-year-old coach said that he wishes Salah would play an important role in Roma’s match against Palermo on Sunday in the 26th round of Serie A.
“The Real Madrid game shows he can give us an important contribution and we also need him to win this delicate match against Palermo,” he concluded.
Roma currently occupy the fourth position in the league table after collecting 47 points.