Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
Spalletti talks Salah, Real Madrid ahead of Palermo
Spalletti’s comments came three days after Roma lost 2-0 against Real Madrid in the first leg of the UEFA Champions League round of 16.
The Italian manager, who took charge of A.S. Roma earlier this year, hailed the pace of the 23-year-old winger, but explained that it affects his finishing abilities.
“Mohamed Salah has this blistering change of pace and he can keep that up for a long while, but then he runs out of gas in the final five meters,” Spalletti said in a press conference on Saturday.
“I’ve had players who can only do one sprint like that and then need ages to recover, but Salah can do two easily,” the coach added.
The 56-year-old coach said that he wishes Salah would play an important role in Roma’s match against Palermo on Sunday in the 26th round of Serie A.
“The Real Madrid game shows he can give us an important contribution and we also need him to win this delicate match against Palermo,” he concluded.
Roma currently occupy the fourth position in the league table after collecting 47 points.