Former Al Ain FC Croatian coach Zlatko Dalic revealed that he was honored...
- Zlatko Dalić reveals two reasons standing in his way from coaching Zamalek
- Al Ahly: Hefty fines awaiting players breaching media ban
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
Ahmed Akram wins gold medal at SEC Championships
Egyptian swimmer Ahmed Akram won gold in the men’s 1650 freestyle final of the Southeastern Conference (SEC) Championships, held at Columbia, Missouri.
Akram achieved gold with a 14:35.49, breaking his previous personal and university record by 11 seconds which was 14:46.50
The national team swimmer also recently won a silver medal in the men’s 500-yard freestyle final after finishing in the second position with a 4:13.48, less than two-tenths of a second after first placed Pawel Werner.
Akram is currently training at the University of South Carolina. He is one of three swimmers who will represent Egypt in the 2016 summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro after securing the second place in the 400-meter race in the Hungary International Championship.
Akram also managed to finish in the fourth position in the 1500-meter final at the 2015 World Championship in Kazan.