Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Ahmed Akram wins gold medal at SEC Championships
Egyptian swimmer Ahmed Akram won gold in the men’s 1650 freestyle final of the Southeastern Conference (SEC) Championships, held at Columbia, Missouri.
Akram achieved gold with a 14:35.49, breaking his previous personal and university record by 11 seconds which was 14:46.50
The national team swimmer also recently won a silver medal in the men’s 500-yard freestyle final after finishing in the second position with a 4:13.48, less than two-tenths of a second after first placed Pawel Werner.
Akram is currently training at the University of South Carolina. He is one of three swimmers who will represent Egypt in the 2016 summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro after securing the second place in the 400-meter race in the Hungary International Championship.
Akram also managed to finish in the fourth position in the 1500-meter final at the 2015 World Championship in Kazan.