Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
El-Hadary delighted over his national team return
The Pharaohs manager Hector Cuper has recalled El Hadary for the training camp that starts on February 23 and finishes with a friendly against Burkina Faso on February 27.
The veteran goalkeeper, who has been out of the Pharaohs squad since November 2014, expressed his excitement over his return to the national team.
“I am very happy to be back again and to be trained again by Ahmed Nagy in the Egyptian national team,” El-Hadary said in a televised interview.
The four-time Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) winner said that he is ready to serve the national team by any means and under any circumstances.
“If they asked me to gather the balls or carry the players’ boots, I will do that immediately. It is a great honor to be back, and I am so happy with the return,” he added.
The Wadi Degla keeper, 43, was included in the squad to replace injured Al Ahly keeper Sherif Ekramy. Egypt’s goalkeeping coach Ahmed Nagy, however, announced that El-Hadary will be his third-choice keeper
“I will work so hard and I will do my best. It won’t matter who starts and who plays, the most important thing is the Egyptian national team and we will do our best,” he concluded.
The national team will face Burkina Faso ahead of their preparations for the AFCON qualifiers against Nigeria in March.