Egypt have been seeded in pot 3 for the 2017 Africa U-20...
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
Flamini pleased with Elneny partnership
Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini praised his new teammate Mohamed Elneny following their game against Hull City on Saturday.
The duo played the full 90 minutes in the Gunners’ goalless draw with Hull City in the fifth round of the FA Cup.
Following the match, Falmini expressed his delight with the performances of midfield colleague Elneny and 19-year-old Alex Iwobi.
“I think they both played very well. They were very good in their positions, very good technically and also in transition [both] defensively and offensively,” Flamini said.
The French midfielder added that he enjoyed playing alongside Egypt’s Mohamed Elneny, who got his second start in the competition on Saturday.
“It was a good partnership and I enjoyed it but we have to continue now,” he concluded.
Elneny earned plaudits from Arsenal fans for his display at the Emirates Stadium as he played 90 minutes in a game full of chances for the home side, but to no avail.
The Egyptian international is expected to feature in the replay tie at Hull’s KC Stadium in a fortnight.