A Sherif Ekramy penalty save in the dying seconds of the match...
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
Handball Youth team crowned Mediterranean Championship
The Egyptian handball U-18 team won The Mediterranean Championship title on Saturday after beating Turkey in the final match 28-37.
The championship which was held in Alexandria, ended on Saturday after handing the Egyptian team, led by coach Ahmed Nabil, the golden medals.
Egypt also achieved a number of awards, as Ahmed Rady was announced the championship’s MVP, Abdelaziz Ehab best left wing, Shehab Ahmed best left back and Amr Khaled ‘Castilo’ best right wing.
“This team will be a great support for the national team during the next few years. The championship wasn’t easy and we deserved to win,” said Khaled Hamouda, The Egyptian Volleyball Federation president.
Tunisia won the bronze medal after beating Saudi Arabia 17-15 in the match for the third and fourth places, and Algeria reached the fifth place while Jordan reached the sixth place.