Confederation of African Football officials have revealed their stance surrounding the...
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
- Sundowns’ Dolly: We’re ‘chilling’ since arriving to Egypt
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Teko Modise: It will be a match to remember
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
Handball Youth team crowned Mediterranean Championship
The Egyptian handball U-18 team won The Mediterranean Championship title on Saturday after beating Turkey in the final match 28-37.
The championship which was held in Alexandria, ended on Saturday after handing the Egyptian team, led by coach Ahmed Nabil, the golden medals.
Egypt also achieved a number of awards, as Ahmed Rady was announced the championship’s MVP, Abdelaziz Ehab best left wing, Shehab Ahmed best left back and Amr Khaled ‘Castilo’ best right wing.
“This team will be a great support for the national team during the next few years. The championship wasn’t easy and we deserved to win,” said Khaled Hamouda, The Egyptian Volleyball Federation president.
Tunisia won the bronze medal after beating Saudi Arabia 17-15 in the match for the third and fourth places, and Algeria reached the fifth place while Jordan reached the sixth place.