Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Kenya appoint Stanley Okumbi head coach
Stanley Okumbi has been appointed as the new head coach of Kenya. The 35-year-old takes over from Scotsman Bobby Williamson.
Okumbi’s appointment is the first major move by Kenya’s newly elected football governing body. The former Mathare United coach thanked the new administrators for showing faith in local coaches.
“I am grateful to the FKF executive committee for putting faith in local coaches. That is not something that has been done by the other bosses,” expressed Okumbi.
The Football Kenya Federation made wholesome changes to the technical staff. This is only a few weeks to the resumption of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers. Stanley Okumbi is unfazed though.
“I am also thankful for the responsibility that I have been given, and I think that, together with my assistants, we can be able to succeed. The federation has pledged to give us the support that we need, and if that happens then I promise that we shall do a good job,” Okumbi concluded.
Kenya face Guinea Bissau next in the 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. They are third in group E with only one point.