Egypt secured maximum points through a late strike from Abdallah El-Said, who...
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Kenya appoint Stanley Okumbi head coach
Stanley Okumbi has been appointed as the new head coach of Kenya. The 35-year-old takes over from Scotsman Bobby Williamson.
Okumbi’s appointment is the first major move by Kenya’s newly elected football governing body. The former Mathare United coach thanked the new administrators for showing faith in local coaches.
“I am grateful to the FKF executive committee for putting faith in local coaches. That is not something that has been done by the other bosses,” expressed Okumbi.
The Football Kenya Federation made wholesome changes to the technical staff. This is only a few weeks to the resumption of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers. Stanley Okumbi is unfazed though.
“I am also thankful for the responsibility that I have been given, and I think that, together with my assistants, we can be able to succeed. The federation has pledged to give us the support that we need, and if that happens then I promise that we shall do a good job,” Okumbi concluded.
Kenya face Guinea Bissau next in the 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. They are third in group E with only one point.