Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
Kenya appoint Stanley Okumbi head coach
Stanley Okumbi has been appointed as the new head coach of Kenya. The 35-year-old takes over from Scotsman Bobby Williamson.
Okumbi’s appointment is the first major move by Kenya’s newly elected football governing body. The former Mathare United coach thanked the new administrators for showing faith in local coaches.
“I am grateful to the FKF executive committee for putting faith in local coaches. That is not something that has been done by the other bosses,” expressed Okumbi.
The Football Kenya Federation made wholesome changes to the technical staff. This is only a few weeks to the resumption of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers. Stanley Okumbi is unfazed though.
“I am also thankful for the responsibility that I have been given, and I think that, together with my assistants, we can be able to succeed. The federation has pledged to give us the support that we need, and if that happens then I promise that we shall do a good job,” Okumbi concluded.
Kenya face Guinea Bissau next in the 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. They are third in group E with only one point.