Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Kenya appoint Stanley Okumbi head coach
Stanley Okumbi has been appointed as the new head coach of Kenya. The 35-year-old takes over from Scotsman Bobby Williamson.
Okumbi’s appointment is the first major move by Kenya’s newly elected football governing body. The former Mathare United coach thanked the new administrators for showing faith in local coaches.
“I am grateful to the FKF executive committee for putting faith in local coaches. That is not something that has been done by the other bosses,” expressed Okumbi.
The Football Kenya Federation made wholesome changes to the technical staff. This is only a few weeks to the resumption of the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers. Stanley Okumbi is unfazed though.
“I am also thankful for the responsibility that I have been given, and I think that, together with my assistants, we can be able to succeed. The federation has pledged to give us the support that we need, and if that happens then I promise that we shall do a good job,” Okumbi concluded.
Kenya face Guinea Bissau next in the 2017 AFCON Qualifiers. They are third in group E with only one point.