Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Amro Tarek features in Columbus Crew draw
Egypt’s Amro Tarek featured in Columbus Crew’s 1-1 draw with Red Salt Lake in the 2016 Desert Diamond Cup, a pre-season tournament.
Tarek joined Columbus Crew in the winter transfer window on loan from La Liga’s Real Betis after failing to make a single competitive appearance with them.
The 23-year-old came on as a substitute for Gaston Sauro in the 62nd minute. Gregg Berhalter, Crew’s head coach, was testing out his players as he made 10 substitutions in the second half, with Tarek being one of the players subbed on.
Jordan Allen scored the first goal of the game for Red Salt Lake in the 17th minute, but nine minutes later, Sierra Leone’s Kei Kamara leveled the score for the Black And Gold after a wonderful assist from Waylon Francis.
Columbus Crew are set to face Swope Park Rangers in their next game of the tournament next Wednesday, February 24th.