Al Ahly manager Hossam El-Badry has announced his 22-man squad to face...
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
EXCLUSIVE | Final touches remain in Martin Jol’s Al Ahly contract
Martin Jol, 60, has agreed to sign for Cairo giants Al Ahly and all that remains now is the agreement on financial terms.
“The only thing stopping the deal from being announced is financial agreement,” a source inside the club told KingFut.
It is worth noting that current interim-boss Abdel-Aziz Abdel-Shafy confirmed that he’ll remain in his post until the end of the season but it looks like Al Ahly have other plans.
Martin Jol has had several managerial stints over the past 15 years, most notably with Ajax Amsterdam, Tottenham Hotspur, Fulham FC and German club Hamburg.
Despite managing several clubs, Jol’s biggest achievements were Dutch Cup [KNVB Cup] gold medals with Roda JC and Ajax.