Ghana ace David Accam has expressed his readiness to cause a surprise...
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
Mohamed Salah: It was difficult coming back after an injury
Mohamed Salah showed his contentment after scoring two goals in AS Roma’s match against Palermo in the 26th round which ended 5-0 for the Giallorossi in the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday.
AS Roma is on a winning streak with five league games. The team is in the fourth now with 50 points.
“I’m pleased to have scored today but the most important thing was that we won.” Salah said to Roma’s official website. “It was difficult coming back after injury, it was the first time that’s happened to me. We’re going through a good run of form, not just me but the whole team.”
“After the first half, there were a few complaints about the chances we missed but luckily we won and continued our climb up the table,” he added.
When asked about his impossible goal in Palermo’s match, Salah said that he first wanted to pass the ball to Edin Dzeko, but his touch was poor and the goalkeeper had narrowed the angle. “The only chance I had was to try and shoot. I did that and it went well.”
Salah concluded by expressing his happiness for Kevin Strootman’s return. “I’m very pleased that he’s back. He’s a great player and a great guy so I’m happy for him.”