Mali coach Alain Giresse officially confirmed that Soumbeyla Diakite and attacker Adama Traoré...
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
Mohamed Salah: It was difficult coming back after an injury
Mohamed Salah showed his contentment after scoring two goals in AS Roma’s match against Palermo in the 26th round which ended 5-0 for the Giallorossi in the Stadio Olimpico on Sunday.
AS Roma is on a winning streak with five league games. The team is in the fourth now with 50 points.
“I’m pleased to have scored today but the most important thing was that we won.” Salah said to Roma’s official website. “It was difficult coming back after injury, it was the first time that’s happened to me. We’re going through a good run of form, not just me but the whole team.”
“After the first half, there were a few complaints about the chances we missed but luckily we won and continued our climb up the table,” he added.
When asked about his impossible goal in Palermo’s match, Salah said that he first wanted to pass the ball to Edin Dzeko, but his touch was poor and the goalkeeper had narrowed the angle. “The only chance I had was to try and shoot. I did that and it went well.”
Salah concluded by expressing his happiness for Kevin Strootman’s return. “I’m very pleased that he’s back. He’s a great player and a great guy so I’m happy for him.”