Egyptian champions Tala’a El-Gaish lost their third game in a row at...
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
VIDEO: Salah scores twice as Roma smash Palermo 5-0
Salah scored two goals including one from an impossible angle, while Džeko scored two and Keita scored one to lead the Giallorossi to fourth place in Serie A.
The match started with a slow tempo with Roma dominating possession and Palermo sitting back. The first chance came when Salah hit the side netting in the opening minutes.
Roma continued the pressure on Palermo with Salah passing the ball to Pjanic in the the 19th minute whose touch was too heavy and the ball ended up in the keeper’s hands.
In the 28th minute, Maicon sets up Džeko on the far post, but the Bosnian managed to miss a sitter a few yards away from goal.
Luckily two minutes later, Džeko makes up for his wasted opportunity as he chested down a Pjanic cross before slotting it into the net.
In the 44th minute, Miralem Pjanic unleached a great free kick that hits the post of Palermo’s keeper, Alastra.
Seven minutes into the second half, Seydou Keita doubles Roma’s lead as the Malian controlled a Florenzi corner and fired the ball into the net.
Just after the hour mark, Džeko sends a through ball for Salah who beat the offside trap and fired the ball with his left foot into Alastra’s net to make it 3-0 for Roma.
A mere two minutes later, Nainggolan sent a ball for Salah whose heavy touch sent him out wide just for him to majestically chip the ball from the by-line from an impossible angle to score a staggering brace. A moment of magic from 23-year old to say the least.
In the 77th minute, the match witnessed the long awaited return of Kevin Strootman who came on for Maicon. The Dutch midfielder was injured for 13 months before coming on for a huge standing ovation from the crowd welcoming him to the Olimpico.
Salah came off in the 86th minute after an impressive performance for Diego Perotti to come on. He is now Roma’s joint top scorer in all competitions with 10 goals.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) February 21, 2016
In the 89th minute, Džeko made it 5-0 for AS Roma after he headed in a great cross from substitute Perotti.
AS Roma now sit fourth in Serie A with 50 points behind third placed Fiorentina who have 52 points. The Giallorossi are set to face ninth placed Empoli on Saturday the 27th.