Zamalek will face Minuh Yaoundé on Thursday, in the quarter-finals of the...
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
Official: Al Ahly appoint Martin Jol as new manager
Al Ahly announced the appointment of Dutch manager Martin Jol as the club’s new head coach on a one-and-a-half-year deal.
KingFut previously revealed that Jol agreed to sign for the Cairo giants, before Al Ahly announced the agreement on their official website on Wednesday.
Al Ahly declared the 60-year-old manager would arrive in Cairo early next week to take over at the helm of the Red Devils. He will be leading the team in their match against Misr El-Maqassa on March 5.
The former Tottenham Hotspur manager reportedly joined the Red Castle for a rumored fee of $150K/month and a three-month breakout clause.
Jol has had several managerial stints over the past 15 years, most notably with Ajax Amsterdam, Tottenham Hotspur, Fulham FC and German club Hamburg.
Despite managing several clubs, Jol’s biggest achievements were Dutch Cup [KNVB Cup] gold medals with Roda JC and Ajax.