Egypt’s Amr Warda has been voted as PAOK’s best player as he...
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
- Lionel Messi speaks about Egypt’s greatness and pyramids
- Cameroon announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
- Veteran striker Emad Meteb discusses his future at Al Ahly
- South Africa announce squad for 2017 U-20 AFCON
Official: Al Ahly appoint Martin Jol as new manager
Al Ahly announced the appointment of Dutch manager Martin Jol as the club’s new head coach on a one-and-a-half-year deal.
KingFut previously revealed that Jol agreed to sign for the Cairo giants, before Al Ahly announced the agreement on their official website on Wednesday.
Al Ahly declared the 60-year-old manager would arrive in Cairo early next week to take over at the helm of the Red Devils. He will be leading the team in their match against Misr El-Maqassa on March 5.
The former Tottenham Hotspur manager reportedly joined the Red Castle for a rumored fee of $150K/month and a three-month breakout clause.
Jol has had several managerial stints over the past 15 years, most notably with Ajax Amsterdam, Tottenham Hotspur, Fulham FC and German club Hamburg.
Despite managing several clubs, Jol’s biggest achievements were Dutch Cup [KNVB Cup] gold medals with Roda JC and Ajax.