Egyptian locals national team and Hany Ramzy face a tough period ahead as...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Official: Al Ahly appoint Martin Jol as new manager
Al Ahly announced the appointment of Dutch manager Martin Jol as the club’s new head coach on a one-and-a-half-year deal.
KingFut previously revealed that Jol agreed to sign for the Cairo giants, before Al Ahly announced the agreement on their official website on Wednesday.
Al Ahly declared the 60-year-old manager would arrive in Cairo early next week to take over at the helm of the Red Devils. He will be leading the team in their match against Misr El-Maqassa on March 5.
The former Tottenham Hotspur manager reportedly joined the Red Castle for a rumored fee of $150K/month and a three-month breakout clause.
Jol has had several managerial stints over the past 15 years, most notably with Ajax Amsterdam, Tottenham Hotspur, Fulham FC and German club Hamburg.
Despite managing several clubs, Jol’s biggest achievements were Dutch Cup [KNVB Cup] gold medals with Roda JC and Ajax.