Umm Salal beat Al-Shahania Sports Club 2-1 to knock them out of...
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Entag El-Harby clash
- Mahmoud Gaber leads Umm Salal to Emir Cup quarter-finals
- Paredes: Salah is the player I look to find more than any other
- Mali’s sports minister cancels dissolution of FA
- Inter planning €60m double swoop for Roma’s duo Salah and Manolas
- OFFICIAL: Al Nasr secure promotion to Egyptian Premier League
- Egypt’s Omar Gaber wins Swiss league title with Basel
Official: Al Ahly appoint Martin Jol as new manager
Al Ahly announced the appointment of Dutch manager Martin Jol as the club’s new head coach on a one-and-a-half-year deal.
KingFut previously revealed that Jol agreed to sign for the Cairo giants, before Al Ahly announced the agreement on their official website on Wednesday.
Al Ahly declared the 60-year-old manager would arrive in Cairo early next week to take over at the helm of the Red Devils. He will be leading the team in their match against Misr El-Maqassa on March 5.
The former Tottenham Hotspur manager reportedly joined the Red Castle for a rumored fee of $150K/month and a three-month breakout clause.
Jol has had several managerial stints over the past 15 years, most notably with Ajax Amsterdam, Tottenham Hotspur, Fulham FC and German club Hamburg.
Despite managing several clubs, Jol’s biggest achievements were Dutch Cup [KNVB Cup] gold medals with Roda JC and Ajax.