Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Official: Al Ahly appoint Martin Jol as new manager
Al Ahly announced the appointment of Dutch manager Martin Jol as the club’s new head coach on a one-and-a-half-year deal.
KingFut previously revealed that Jol agreed to sign for the Cairo giants, before Al Ahly announced the agreement on their official website on Wednesday.
Al Ahly declared the 60-year-old manager would arrive in Cairo early next week to take over at the helm of the Red Devils. He will be leading the team in their match against Misr El-Maqassa on March 5.
The former Tottenham Hotspur manager reportedly joined the Red Castle for a rumored fee of $150K/month and a three-month breakout clause.
Jol has had several managerial stints over the past 15 years, most notably with Ajax Amsterdam, Tottenham Hotspur, Fulham FC and German club Hamburg.
Despite managing several clubs, Jol’s biggest achievements were Dutch Cup [KNVB Cup] gold medals with Roda JC and Ajax.