Egypt international and Al-Ittihad winger Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba talked about his performance...
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Ahmed El-Ahmar receives honorary medal from El-Sisi
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
- Abdel-Wahed El-Sayed snubbed from Beach AFCON Egypt squad
- PHOTOS: Zamalek inform EFA of their decision to forfeit the league
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
Ahmed Raouf: Al Ahly were hasty in letting me go
The striker has made comments to radio show, Malaab 9090, saying that he deserved a better chance while playing for Al Ahly.
“Al Ahly gave numerous chances for players that weren’t regulars, but they took a hasty decision in releasing me.
“As soon as I started participating in the CAF Confederations and the league, I found myself out of the club.”
Raouf has been in fine form with Al Masry, scoring seven goals in the league and earning himself a call up for Hector Cuper’s squad for the friendly against Burkina Faso.
On his recent form, Raouf commented saying: “Hossam Hassan is the reason, he trusts in me, helps me and I try my best not to disappoint.
“I learned a lot from him considering he was one of the best strikers in African Football, in addition to his psychological treatment with the team which all led to where we are right now.”
It’s worth noting that Ahmed Raouf joined Al Ahly in December, 2014 before being released from the club on orders from then manager, Juan Carlos Garrido, in July, 2014. He scored only three goals for the club before signing for Al Masry.