An unfortunate day for the Egyptian trio in the British Open Squash...
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
Cuper: We might call up new players for Nigeria encounter
Egypt’s Argentine manager Hector Cuper has revealed the possibility of calling up new players for Nigeria’s clash other than those called up for Burkina Faso’s friendly next Saturday.
Cuper said in a press conference ahead of Burkina Faso’s Friendly match, that he is delighted to meet all the players again.
“I am happy to meet with the players again in order to explain my thoughts and therefore increase the harmony between them and the coaching staff,” Cuper said.
He made it straight that despite missing the players abroad, this will be a brilliant chance to try out Egypt-based players.
“Burkina Faso’s game will prepare us well for the Nigeria clash in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, despite not having our players abroad, this is a good chance to test our local league’s best players,” he added.
Cuper then revealed the possibility of new players joining the camp ahead of Nigeria’s clash.
“The exclusion of some players from this training camp, doesn’t mean they won’t be called up for Nigeria’s clash. They just have to work harder and prove their worth. Therefore new players might get called up for Nigeria training camp.
He also made it straight that Egypt’s giants current form doesn’t worry him.
“I’m not worried by Al Ahly and Zamalek’s inconsistent form, this is the the time for new teams and players to shine.
“I hope we beat Nigeria or at least maintain the two-point difference between us, in order to qualify to the African Cup of Nations,” Cuper concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Egypt is set to face Nigeria two time in March, while Egypt occupies first spot in the table with 6 points, Nigeria stays second with four points.