Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
Cuper: We might call up new players for Nigeria encounter
Egypt’s Argentine manager Hector Cuper has revealed the possibility of calling up new players for Nigeria’s clash other than those called up for Burkina Faso’s friendly next Saturday.
Cuper said in a press conference ahead of Burkina Faso’s Friendly match, that he is delighted to meet all the players again.
“I am happy to meet with the players again in order to explain my thoughts and therefore increase the harmony between them and the coaching staff,” Cuper said.
He made it straight that despite missing the players abroad, this will be a brilliant chance to try out Egypt-based players.
“Burkina Faso’s game will prepare us well for the Nigeria clash in the Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers, despite not having our players abroad, this is a good chance to test our local league’s best players,” he added.
Cuper then revealed the possibility of new players joining the camp ahead of Nigeria’s clash.
“The exclusion of some players from this training camp, doesn’t mean they won’t be called up for Nigeria’s clash. They just have to work harder and prove their worth. Therefore new players might get called up for Nigeria training camp.
He also made it straight that Egypt’s giants current form doesn’t worry him.
“I hope we beat Nigeria or at least maintain the two-point difference between us, in order to qualify to the African Cup of Nations,” Cuper concluded.
It is worth mentioning that Egypt is set to face Nigeria two time in March, while Egypt occupies first spot in the table with 6 points, Nigeria stays second with four points.