Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Hossam Hassan: We lost two points against Al Ahly
Immediately after his team’s game ended 2-2 against Al Ahly, which was an eventful, exciting match up until the final minutes, Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan headed for his press conference, which saw some eye-catching statements.
The former Al Ahly and Zamalek player started his presser by claiming his team were the better side in the match.
“My team lost two valuable points, where Al Masry were closer than our opposition Al Ahly to winning the game if the match official Ibrahim Nour-El Din had given us a clear penalty, which was when Ahmed Gomaa was tackled after Raouf’s ball hit the post.”
Hossam Hassan also admitted: “My players performed decently against a team full of stars on the pitch and even on the bench.
The 49-year-old manager claimed injuries played a part in the outcome of the match.
“My team gave in a strong showing, in spite of having a handful of injuries and having a number of difficult games consecutively against Petrojet, El-Maqassa and Al Ahly,” Hassan concluded.
He also hailed the performances of the young players in the squad.
Al Masry now sit in 4th place with 33 points from 19 games, sharing points with El-Maqassa who are in 3rd place on goal difference and behind league leaders Al Ahly with eight points and second placed Zamalek with three points.