Al Ahly football director Sayed Abdel-Hafiz assured that the internal situation for...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Meteb is an important player for us
- Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Hossam Hassan: We lost two points against Al Ahly
Immediately after his team’s game ended 2-2 against Al Ahly, which was an eventful, exciting match up until the final minutes, Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan headed for his press conference, which saw some eye-catching statements.
The former Al Ahly and Zamalek player started his presser by claiming his team were the better side in the match.
“My team lost two valuable points, where Al Masry were closer than our opposition Al Ahly to winning the game if the match official Ibrahim Nour-El Din had given us a clear penalty, which was when Ahmed Gomaa was tackled after Raouf’s ball hit the post.”
Hossam Hassan also admitted: “My players performed decently against a team full of stars on the pitch and even on the bench.
The 49-year-old manager claimed injuries played a part in the outcome of the match.
“My team gave in a strong showing, in spite of having a handful of injuries and having a number of difficult games consecutively against Petrojet, El-Maqassa and Al Ahly,” Hassan concluded.
He also hailed the performances of the young players in the squad.
Al Masry now sit in 4th place with 33 points from 19 games, sharing points with El-Maqassa who are in 3rd place on goal difference and behind league leaders Al Ahly with eight points and second placed Zamalek with three points.