Egyptian legend Essam El-Hadary has been transfer-listed by Wadi Degla after reported...
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
Mahmoud Taher: We chose Jol from 70 managers
Al Ahly have recently announced signing Martin Jol for one-and-a-half year deal and Mahmoud Taher has stated in press comments that Jol is considered a huge gain for Egyptian Football.
“We’re full of trust and optimism in Al Ahly’s success with Martin Jol, he’s a great high profile manager who’s very competent.
“The negotiations took a great amount of time, and Jol is going to positively affect Egyptian football not just Al Ahly as he had many successes in the Netherlands and England. We chose him from around 70 resumes of suggested managers.”
He followed up by saying: “Jol knows Al Ahly are the African Club of the Century and has huge ambitions he wants to achieve with the team, including getting the team back to winning Egyptian and African titles to reach the FIFA Club World Cup.”
Taher has also said that he brought the Dutch manager up to speed on the situation of Egyptian football and is expected to return from England on Thursday after concluding the negotiations with Jol.