Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
Mahmoud Taher: We chose Jol from 70 managers
Al Ahly have recently announced signing Martin Jol for one-and-a-half year deal and Mahmoud Taher has stated in press comments that Jol is considered a huge gain for Egyptian Football.
“We’re full of trust and optimism in Al Ahly’s success with Martin Jol, he’s a great high profile manager who’s very competent.
“The negotiations took a great amount of time, and Jol is going to positively affect Egyptian football not just Al Ahly as he had many successes in the Netherlands and England. We chose him from around 70 resumes of suggested managers.”
He followed up by saying: “Jol knows Al Ahly are the African Club of the Century and has huge ambitions he wants to achieve with the team, including getting the team back to winning Egyptian and African titles to reach the FIFA Club World Cup.”
Taher has also said that he brought the Dutch manager up to speed on the situation of Egyptian football and is expected to return from England on Thursday after concluding the negotiations with Jol.