The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Mahmoud Taher: We chose Jol from 70 managers
Al Ahly have recently announced signing Martin Jol for one-and-a-half year deal and Mahmoud Taher has stated in press comments that Jol is considered a huge gain for Egyptian Football.
“We’re full of trust and optimism in Al Ahly’s success with Martin Jol, he’s a great high profile manager who’s very competent.
“The negotiations took a great amount of time, and Jol is going to positively affect Egyptian football not just Al Ahly as he had many successes in the Netherlands and England. We chose him from around 70 resumes of suggested managers.”
He followed up by saying: “Jol knows Al Ahly are the African Club of the Century and has huge ambitions he wants to achieve with the team, including getting the team back to winning Egyptian and African titles to reach the FIFA Club World Cup.”
Taher has also said that he brought the Dutch manager up to speed on the situation of Egyptian football and is expected to return from England on Thursday after concluding the negotiations with Jol.