Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Mahmoud Taher: We chose Jol from 70 managers
Al Ahly have recently announced signing Martin Jol for one-and-a-half year deal and Mahmoud Taher has stated in press comments that Jol is considered a huge gain for Egyptian Football.
“We’re full of trust and optimism in Al Ahly’s success with Martin Jol, he’s a great high profile manager who’s very competent.
“The negotiations took a great amount of time, and Jol is going to positively affect Egyptian football not just Al Ahly as he had many successes in the Netherlands and England. We chose him from around 70 resumes of suggested managers.”
He followed up by saying: “Jol knows Al Ahly are the African Club of the Century and has huge ambitions he wants to achieve with the team, including getting the team back to winning Egyptian and African titles to reach the FIFA Club World Cup.”
Taher has also said that he brought the Dutch manager up to speed on the situation of Egyptian football and is expected to return from England on Thursday after concluding the negotiations with Jol.