Egypt national team left-back Mohamed Abdel-Shafy will not be able to play in...
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
Sunday Oliseh: Salah is Egypt’s best
The countdown to both matches is nearing its end, as the two teams will meet next month in the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualification stage.
“I have watched some tapes of Egypt, they are a result-oriented team who foul a lot in defence and midfield and depend on the speed of Mohamed Salah,” stated Sunday Oliseh.
“But we’re Nigeria, we’re playing at home and we have our own stars,” Oliseh added.
The Nigerian also hailed his team’s fans ahead of next month’s game, and admitted that he is optimistic.
Egypt currently top qualifying Group G with maximum points from the two matches played, ahead of Nigeria who have collected four points.
Egypt visit Nigeria on the 25th of March in Kaduna, with the return fixture set on the 29th, in Egypt.