Defending champions Zamalek have advanced to Egypt Cup quarter-final after beating second-tier...
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
Sunday Oliseh: Salah is Egypt’s best
Nigeria national team manager Sunday Oliseh has singled out Mohamed Salah as Egypt’s top player ahead of his side’s back-to-back clashes with the Pharaohs.
The countdown to both matches is nearing its end, as the two teams will meet next month in the 2017 African Cup of Nations qualification stage.
“I have watched some tapes of Egypt, they are a result-oriented team who foul a lot in defence and midfield and depend on the speed of Mohamed Salah,” stated Sunday Oliseh.
“But we’re Nigeria, we’re playing at home and we have our own stars,” Oliseh added.
The Nigerian also hailed his team’s fans ahead of next month’s game, and admitted that he is optimistic.
Egypt currently top qualifying Group G with maximum points from the two matches played, ahead of Nigeria who have collected four points.
Only group winners are guaranteed passage to the 2017 AFCON finals in Gabon.
Egypt visit Nigeria on the 25th of March in Kaduna, with the return fixture set on the 29th, in Egypt.