Following the coronation of Mamelodi Sundowns with their first ever title, KingFut experts picked out...
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
Yassine Benzia chooses to represent Algeria
The Algerian Football Federation (FAF) have announced on Wednesday that after a meeting with Mohamed Raouraoua, president of FAF, Benzia has chosen to represent Algeria at senior level.
The French-Algerian striker represented Les Bleus at every youth level team from U16 to U21. He scored 26 goals in 43 appearances for France.
After the agreement with the youngster, the Algerian Football Federation have announced on their official website that they will start the process of registering the player as soon as possible.
The 21-year-old started his career with Lyon where he was a youth product; he had 54 appearances for Les Gones scoring six goals.
He spent three years at Lyon before he was transferred to Lille in 2015. He has 24 appearances for Lille bagging six goals in all competitions for the club.
It’s worth noting that Les Fennecs are to play Ethiopia in the AFCON qualifiers in March and Benzia could be soon called up for Christian Gourcuff’s match squad.