Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
Yassine Benzia chooses to represent Algeria
The Algerian Football Federation (FAF) have announced on Wednesday that after a meeting with Mohamed Raouraoua, president of FAF, Benzia has chosen to represent Algeria at senior level.
The French-Algerian striker represented Les Bleus at every youth level team from U16 to U21. He scored 26 goals in 43 appearances for France.
After the agreement with the youngster, the Algerian Football Federation have announced on their official website that they will start the process of registering the player as soon as possible.
The 21-year-old started his career with Lyon where he was a youth product; he had 54 appearances for Les Gones scoring six goals.
He spent three years at Lyon before he was transferred to Lille in 2015. He has 24 appearances for Lille bagging six goals in all competitions for the club.
It’s worth noting that Les Fennecs are to play Ethiopia in the AFCON qualifiers in March and Benzia could be soon called up for Christian Gourcuff’s match squad.