In an intensive interview with France Football Magazine, Mohamed Salah reflected on...
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
Yassine Benzia chooses to represent Algeria
The Algerian Football Federation (FAF) have announced on Wednesday that after a meeting with Mohamed Raouraoua, president of FAF, Benzia has chosen to represent Algeria at senior level.
The French-Algerian striker represented Les Bleus at every youth level team from U16 to U21. He scored 26 goals in 43 appearances for France.
After the agreement with the youngster, the Algerian Football Federation have announced on their official website that they will start the process of registering the player as soon as possible.
The 21-year-old started his career with Lyon where he was a youth product; he had 54 appearances for Les Gones scoring six goals.
He spent three years at Lyon before he was transferred to Lille in 2015. He has 24 appearances for Lille bagging six goals in all competitions for the club.
It’s worth noting that Les Fennecs are to play Ethiopia in the AFCON qualifiers in March and Benzia could be soon called up for Christian Gourcuff’s match squad.