Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
Exclusive: Siasia closest to Nigeria job
The Nigerian Football Federation has settled on four names to replace ex-Super Eagles manager Sunday Oliseh.
Following the resignation of Oliseh earlier on Friday the NFF has four candidates pegged for the job:
- Salisu Yusuf: Super Eagles assistant coach.
- Amodu Shuaibu: Former Nigera boss.
- Emmanuel Amunike: Newly promoted Nigeria U-20s boss and ex Zamalek and Barcelona player.
- Samson Siasia: Former Nigeria boss.
The front runners are Siasia and Amunike but the NFF are leaning towards Siasia as he is more familiar with the team. Also he will be assisted by Salisu Yusuf, kingfut understands.
According to KingFut sources this could only be temporary as the NFF president, first and second vice president are in Zurich for the Fifa elections and the NFF wants to appoint a foreign manager.
Nigeria and Egypt face off in 2017 AFCON qualifiers group G in Kaduna in March 2016.