Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
TENNIS: Egypt set to face Belarus in Davis Cup
The Egyptian team was recently promoted to Group II after beating Namibian team 2-0 in the first round of the Group III qualifications, which also took place in Egypt.
El-Gezira Sporting Club will be hosting the matches under International Tennis Federation (ITF) supervision. Group action will begin on the 4th of March and end on March 6.
The four players nominated to take part in the game are Mohamed Safwat (Wadi Degla), Karim-Mohamed Maamoun, Sherif Sabry, and Karim Hossam (El-Gezira Club), and they will be captained by former tennis player Mohamed Mamoun.
The matches will be played over three days as follows:
Friday, March 4 starting at 11:00 AM (GMT +2).
Saturday, March 5 starting at 2:30 PM (GMT +2).
Sunday, March 6 starting at 11:00 AM (GMT +2).