Al Ahly have completed the signing of Kilmarnock FC striker Souleymane Coulibaly...
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
EXCLUSIVE: Burkina Faso to field locals vs. Egypt
Speaking exclusively to KingFut, Burkina Faso Football Association CEO Bertrand Traore denied reports that the Stallions would be sending a youth side for the match, insisting instead that it would be an “A” team without age restrictions.
“It’s our team ‘A’ with only local players,” Traore said.
The news comes on the heels of widespread rumors within Egyptian media that Burkina Faso would not be sending its full squad, and may even be sending an under-20 team.
The Pharaohs will also be without the services of their foreign-based contingent after naming a squad of 24 Egypt-based players.
The match is set for an 8 p.m. local time kickoff at the Borg El-Arab Stadium in Alexandria.