Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
Nigeria Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh resigns
Nigeria national team Sunday Oliseh head coach has thrown the white towel and left his post as Super Eagles boss ahead of crucial Egypt encounter.
In a letter he wrote to the Nigeria Footbal Federation (NFF), Oliseh stated the rashional for his resignation as lack of support to the technical team readiness for for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations and 2018 FIFA World Cup, unpaid wages and breach of contractual terms by the FA.
The former Super Eagles skipper has also expressed his gratefulness for the opportunity given to him to work for his fatherland.
Due to Contract violations ,lack of Support,Unpaid wages,Benefits to my players,Asst.Coaches & myself, I resign as Super Eagles Chief Coach
— Sunday Oliseh (@SundayOOliseh) February 26, 2016
Sunday Oliseh was appointed as the Nigerian head coach in July 2015 and was at helm when the Super Eagles locals crushed out the 2016 CHAN in Rwanda.
Nigeria and Egypt face off in 2017 AFCON qualifiers group G in Kaduna in March 2016.