After losing the Champions League final on aggregate to Mameloudi Sundowns, Zamalek’s...
- Momen Soliman: the best team won and Fathi could leave in January
- Pitso Mosimane targets Zamalek duo ahead of FIFA Club World Cup
- Mortada Mansour: ‘Magic and sorcery’ cost us
- Salah scores and assists in 4-1 win over Palermo
- VIDEO: Zamalek defeat Sundowns in Egypt but lose Champions League final
- Arab Champions League to return next summer in Egypt
- Warda features as Panetolikos lose to Levadiakos
- Egypt seeded third for Africa U-20 Cup of Nations draw
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
Nigeria Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh resigns
Nigeria national team Sunday Oliseh head coach has thrown the white towel and left his post as Super Eagles boss ahead of crucial Egypt encounter.
In a letter he wrote to the Nigeria Footbal Federation (NFF), Oliseh stated the rashional for his resignation as lack of support to the technical team readiness for for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations and 2018 FIFA World Cup, unpaid wages and breach of contractual terms by the FA.
The former Super Eagles skipper has also expressed his gratefulness for the opportunity given to him to work for his fatherland.
Due to Contract violations ,lack of Support,Unpaid wages,Benefits to my players,Asst.Coaches & myself, I resign as Super Eagles Chief Coach
— Sunday Oliseh (@SundayOOliseh) February 26, 2016
Sunday Oliseh was appointed as the Nigerian head coach in July 2015 and was at helm when the Super Eagles locals crushed out the 2016 CHAN in Rwanda.
Nigeria and Egypt face off in 2017 AFCON qualifiers group G in Kaduna in March 2016.