The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Nigeria Super Eagles coach Sunday Oliseh resigns
Nigeria national team Sunday Oliseh head coach has thrown the white towel and left his post as Super Eagles boss ahead of crucial Egypt encounter.
In a letter he wrote to the Nigeria Footbal Federation (NFF), Oliseh stated the rashional for his resignation as lack of support to the technical team readiness for for the 2017 Africa Cup of Nations and 2018 FIFA World Cup, unpaid wages and breach of contractual terms by the FA.
The former Super Eagles skipper has also expressed his gratefulness for the opportunity given to him to work for his fatherland.
Due to Contract violations ,lack of Support,Unpaid wages,Benefits to my players,Asst.Coaches & myself, I resign as Super Eagles Chief Coach
— Sunday Oliseh (@SundayOOliseh) February 26, 2016
Sunday Oliseh was appointed as the Nigerian head coach in July 2015 and was at helm when the Super Eagles locals crushed out the 2016 CHAN in Rwanda.
Nigeria and Egypt face off in 2017 AFCON qualifiers group G in Kaduna in March 2016.