Mali coach Alain Giresse officially confirmed that Soumbeyla Diakite and attacker Adama Traoré...
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
Cúper: We committed some mistakes against Burkina Faso
The Egyptian National Team beat Burkina Faso 2-0 in a friendly as they prepare for the important 2017 AFCON qualifier game against Nigeria next March. A brace from Abdallah El-Said was enough to see Egypt past Burkina.
“I admit we have made some mistakes. We will need to work to solve some problems and fix these mistakes; that’s why the friendly games are so important to us,” Cúper said in the press conference after the game.
“We need to improve our final touch and to depend more on the wings. The most important thing was reaching the opponent’s penalty box & that happened today but we missed a lot of chances. Generally we gave a good performance,” the Argentine manager concluded.
It worth a mention that Egypt will face Nigeria on 25th March before they host the Super Eagles four days later.