Ghana ace David Accam has expressed his readiness to cause a surprise...
- Ghana’s David Accam confident of beating Egypt
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
Cúper: We committed some mistakes against Burkina Faso
The Egyptian National Team beat Burkina Faso 2-0 in a friendly as they prepare for the important 2017 AFCON qualifier game against Nigeria next March. A brace from Abdallah El-Said was enough to see Egypt past Burkina.
“I admit we have made some mistakes. We will need to work to solve some problems and fix these mistakes; that’s why the friendly games are so important to us,” Cúper said in the press conference after the game.
“We need to improve our final touch and to depend more on the wings. The most important thing was reaching the opponent’s penalty box & that happened today but we missed a lot of chances. Generally we gave a good performance,” the Argentine manager concluded.
It worth a mention that Egypt will face Nigeria on 25th March before they host the Super Eagles four days later.