Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Cúper: We committed some mistakes against Burkina Faso
The Egyptian National Team beat Burkina Faso 2-0 in a friendly as they prepare for the important 2017 AFCON qualifier game against Nigeria next March. A brace from Abdallah El-Said was enough to see Egypt past Burkina.
“I admit we have made some mistakes. We will need to work to solve some problems and fix these mistakes; that’s why the friendly games are so important to us,” Cúper said in the press conference after the game.
“We need to improve our final touch and to depend more on the wings. The most important thing was reaching the opponent’s penalty box & that happened today but we missed a lot of chances. Generally we gave a good performance,” the Argentine manager concluded.
It worth a mention that Egypt will face Nigeria on 25th March before they host the Super Eagles four days later.