The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
VIDEO: El-Maqassa thrash Defense Force to advance in Confederation Cup
Misr El-Maqassa defeated Ethiopian side Defense Force SC 3-0 at home to reach the round of 32 of the CAF Confederation Cup.
The Egyptian side completed a 6-1 aggregate win, after winning 3-1 in the first leg of the round of 64 that took place in Addis Ababa on February 13.
The first half of the game that took place at Fayoum Stadium ended goalless, with all three goals coming in the second half.
Amr Barakat opened the scoring in the 55th minute, before former Al Ahly striker El-Sayed Hamdy doubled El-Maqassa’s lead in the 67th minute. The duo scored in the first leg as well.
Omar Najdi added to El-Maqassa’s tally, as he scored a penalty in the 89th minute, to make the scoreline 3-0.
This records El-Maqassa’s first-ever participation in African championships. El-Maqassa, who are representing Egypt along with ENPPI in the Confederation Cup, are scheduled to play in the round of 32 next month.