Egypt will face England in the 2016 Women’s World Team Squash Championship...
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
VIDEO: El-Maqassa thrash Defense Force to advance in Confederation Cup
Misr El-Maqassa defeated Ethiopian side Defense Force SC 3-0 at home to reach the round of 32 of the CAF Confederation Cup.
The Egyptian side completed a 6-1 aggregate win, after winning 3-1 in the first leg of the round of 64 that took place in Addis Ababa on February 13.
The first half of the game that took place at Fayoum Stadium ended goalless, with all three goals coming in the second half.
Amr Barakat opened the scoring in the 55th minute, before former Al Ahly striker El-Sayed Hamdy doubled El-Maqassa’s lead in the 67th minute. The duo scored in the first leg as well.
Omar Najdi added to El-Maqassa’s tally, as he scored a penalty in the 89th minute, to make the scoreline 3-0.
This records El-Maqassa’s first-ever participation in African championships. El-Maqassa, who are representing Egypt along with ENPPI in the Confederation Cup, are scheduled to play in the round of 32 next month.