Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
VIDEO: El-Maqassa thrash Defense Force to advance in Confederation Cup
Misr El-Maqassa defeated Ethiopian side Defense Force SC 3-0 at home to reach the round of 32 of the CAF Confederation Cup.
The Egyptian side completed a 6-1 aggregate win, after winning 3-1 in the first leg of the round of 64 that took place in Addis Ababa on February 13.
The first half of the game that took place at Fayoum Stadium ended goalless, with all three goals coming in the second half.
Amr Barakat opened the scoring in the 55th minute, before former Al Ahly striker El-Sayed Hamdy doubled El-Maqassa’s lead in the 67th minute. The duo scored in the first leg as well.
Omar Najdi added to El-Maqassa’s tally, as he scored a penalty in the 89th minute, to make the scoreline 3-0.
This records El-Maqassa’s first-ever participation in African championships. El-Maqassa, who are representing Egypt along with ENPPI in the Confederation Cup, are scheduled to play in the round of 32 next month.