Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
El Shaarawy scores twice as Roma defeat Empoli
Roma’s visit to Empoli ended with the Giallorossi clinching the three points after a 3-1 win in the 27th round of Serie A.
Stephan El Shaarawy scored his fourth goal for Roma this season in only his fifth Serie A match for the club after a great performance. After an outstanding performance against Palermo in the last round, Mohamed Salah played the whole game against Empoli, but couldn’t find the net this time.
The match started with pressure from the Giallorossi, and five minutes later El Shaarawy scored the first of the game with a superb shot from outside the box giving Roma the lead.
Things were going well to Roma until the 22nd minute when Roma’s defender Erin Zukanovic scored an own goal when the ball hit him as Szczesny was trying to clear a cross.
However, Roma fixed the mistake five minutes later when Miralem Pjanic scored his ninth goal of the season from a free-kick. After the ball was blocked from the wall, he then struck the ball with a powerful shot to score the second for the Giallorossi.
In the second half, Empoli started with great pressure trying to tie the game, but struggled with only three shots on target in the whole game.
Roma on the other hand, kept 51% possession, trying to secure the win, which happened in the 74th minute from the Man of the Match, El Shaarawy, scoring his second when Salah’s shot was deflected by the keeper.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) February 27, 2016
Things got worse for Empoli in the last minutes of the game when Mario Rui was sent off after receiving the second yellow card.
After their sixth Serie A win in a row, AS Roma now sit in the third place temporarily with 53 points, one point above Fiorentina and five points behind Juventus, who top of the league.
Mohamed Salah will face his former team, Fiorentina, next Friday, March 4th in an epic clash for the third place on the table. The match will be played on the Stadio Olympico.