Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
SWIMMING: Farida Osman makes history at Women’s PAC-12
Egyptian national swimmer Farida Osman won a gold medal at the Women’s PAC Swimming Championship in the 50-yard freestyle to help California in defending their title.
The “Golden fish” finished the 50-yard race in 21.32 seconds to break the previous record of California in the event. That time also made Osman second fastest in the history of the race.
Osman joined Simone Manuel in second place as the fastest in the history. Manuel managed to end in the same time at 2015 NACC’s swimming championship.
Both of them are just 0.5 seconds away from Lara Jackson who occupies the first place as the fastest in the history of the 50-yard freestyle race with 21.27 seconds.
The Egyptian National Swimmer also managed to qualify to the final of 100-yard butterfly after finishing second in the final qualifications in with 51.18 seconds.
Osman had also helped California to take another step to defend their title after guiding the women’s team to secure a gold medal in 200-yard freestyle relay.
Farida Osman is currently training at University of California and she is one of three swimmers who will represent Egypt in 2016 summer Olympics in Rio De Janeiro after coming fifth in the 50-meter free race in 22.50 seconds at the Santa Clara Competition in California.