Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
Ghazal’s CD Nacional beat Pacos De Ferreira in Portuguese League
After making his 100th appearance for Nacional in the 1-1 draw against Vitória Setúbal, Ghazal played 85 minutes to help his side in their struggle to avoid relegation as Nacional sealed their first win in February.
CD Nacional needed 18 minutes to take the lead following an amazing effort from the Willyan. The Brazilian winger beat Pacos defender but his right footed shot was saved by the goalkeeper before it hit Pacos defender Marco Baixinho to go into his own net. The rest of the half was uneventful as both teams failed to change the score.
In the second half, Pacos De Ferreira pushed forward in a chance to find the equalizer however CD Nacional were able to double their lead in the 72nd minute through Rui Correia as the keeper failed to deal with his header.
Four minutes later, CD Nacional added a third goal. Portuguese midfielder Luis Aurelio met a cross from the left side with his right foot to find the bottom of the net securing his side’s win.
Five minutes before the end of the game, Ghazal’s night came to an end after he was replaced by Joan Roman.
The win sends CD Nacional up to the 12th position with 25 points after 24 games. Pacos De Ferriera stays in the 8th position with 31 points.
In the next match Nacional will travel to Boavista as both teams try to stay away from relegation places.