Egyptian International Ahmed Hassan Koka featured as SC Braga secured a narrow...
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
- Edin Dzeko talks about Mohamed Salah and regained form
- Khama Billiat glad to have stayed with Mamelodi Sundowns
McLeish hails Mortada Mansour’s passion
Zamalek new manager Alex McLeish praised Mortada Mansour’s passion during a press conference on Saturday, promising to make every effort to bring success to the club.
The Scottish manager was unveiled as the new Zamalek manager on a one-and-a-half-year deal, succeeding recently sacked Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’.
McLeish spoke in the press conference following Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour, who attacked former manager Mido during his speech. The 57-year-old manager said that he didn’t understand a lot of Mansour’s words, yet he sensed his passion.
“His passion for the club was obvious, if the technical staff and the players were as passionate as the president, then I think we will achieve success,” said McLeish.
The former Aston Villa and Rangers manager stated that he started watching Zamalek matches and said that he was pleased with the team’s performance.
“The team have many talents. I will work on improving the players’ mentality and their understanding of the tactical side of the game,” McLeish explained.
“I now work in one of the biggest clubs in Africa and the Middle East. I promise to exert all my effort to achieve success at Zamalek,” he concluded.
McLeish will lead Zamalek in their upcoming league game against Entag El-Harby on Thursday, March 3.