Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
McLeish hails Mortada Mansour’s passion
Zamalek new manager Alex McLeish praised Mortada Mansour’s passion during a press conference on Saturday, promising to make every effort to bring success to the club.
The Scottish manager was unveiled as the new Zamalek manager on a one-and-a-half-year deal, succeeding recently sacked Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’.
McLeish spoke in the press conference following Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour, who attacked former manager Mido during his speech. The 57-year-old manager said that he didn’t understand a lot of Mansour’s words, yet he sensed his passion.
“His passion for the club was obvious, if the technical staff and the players were as passionate as the president, then I think we will achieve success,” said McLeish.
The former Aston Villa and Rangers manager stated that he started watching Zamalek matches and said that he was pleased with the team’s performance.
“The team have many talents. I will work on improving the players’ mentality and their understanding of the tactical side of the game,” McLeish explained.
“I now work in one of the biggest clubs in Africa and the Middle East. I promise to exert all my effort to achieve success at Zamalek,” he concluded.
McLeish will lead Zamalek in their upcoming league game against Entag El-Harby on Thursday, March 3.