Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
McLeish hails Mortada Mansour’s passion
Zamalek new manager Alex McLeish praised Mortada Mansour’s passion during a press conference on Saturday, promising to make every effort to bring success to the club.
The Scottish manager was unveiled as the new Zamalek manager on a one-and-a-half-year deal, succeeding recently sacked Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’.
McLeish spoke in the press conference following Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour, who attacked former manager Mido during his speech. The 57-year-old manager said that he didn’t understand a lot of Mansour’s words, yet he sensed his passion.
“His passion for the club was obvious, if the technical staff and the players were as passionate as the president, then I think we will achieve success,” said McLeish.
The former Aston Villa and Rangers manager stated that he started watching Zamalek matches and said that he was pleased with the team’s performance.
“The team have many talents. I will work on improving the players’ mentality and their understanding of the tactical side of the game,” McLeish explained.
“I now work in one of the biggest clubs in Africa and the Middle East. I promise to exert all my effort to achieve success at Zamalek,” he concluded.
McLeish will lead Zamalek in their upcoming league game against Entag El-Harby on Thursday, March 3.