Former general supervisor of Ghana national youth teams George Afriyie believes that Ebenezer Assifuah...
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
McLeish hails Mortada Mansour’s passion
Zamalek new manager Alex McLeish praised Mortada Mansour’s passion during a press conference on Saturday, promising to make every effort to bring success to the club.
The Scottish manager was unveiled as the new Zamalek manager on a one-and-a-half-year deal, succeeding recently sacked Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’.
McLeish spoke in the press conference following Zamalek chairman Mortada Mansour, who attacked former manager Mido during his speech. The 57-year-old manager said that he didn’t understand a lot of Mansour’s words, yet he sensed his passion.
“His passion for the club was obvious, if the technical staff and the players were as passionate as the president, then I think we will achieve success,” said McLeish.
The former Aston Villa and Rangers manager stated that he started watching Zamalek matches and said that he was pleased with the team’s performance.
“The team have many talents. I will work on improving the players’ mentality and their understanding of the tactical side of the game,” McLeish explained.
“I now work in one of the biggest clubs in Africa and the Middle East. I promise to exert all my effort to achieve success at Zamalek,” he concluded.
McLeish will lead Zamalek in their upcoming league game against Entag El-Harby on Thursday, March 3.